01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
My poor husband has had a very bad day today--

He has been having daily severe coughing fits in the evening for the last couple of weeks. tons of phlem and he is left feeling weak and spent but feels fine the next morning. the only thing he will take is benedryl because he is sure he is having an asthma attack or an allergy attack. This morning, he started coughing just before I left for work...it got bad fast and scared me. I called the hospice nurse, who came over quickly. she gave him atropine drops. by the time she got there he was on the mend from the worst of it, but his o2 was down to 84 and his heart rate was 120. I don't remember his BP. I hate tothink what his stats were during the peak--

I stayed home today, and he slept the entire day. I got him up a couple of hours ago, and he is sooo weak and can't urinate or eat--says he is too dried up. I can barely hear him talk.

I am scared, because this is so sudden and he hasn't bounced back like usual. lI think it will be a long nite.

I'm sorry this scary stuff is happening, Barbie. Praying for you guys to have an uneventful night.

You and your husband are in my prayers and hope for a peaceful night. Remember to take care of yourself too.

Benadryl also makes people drowsy, doesn't it? I hope you get some rest tonight and that your husband perks up tomorrow. Thinking of you. Yasmin.

So sorry hubby is having a rough time. We're north of you in SE GA and KK and I both have been on allergy meds for a couple of months. The Benadryl knocks me out, so am taking Lora tidine. Will he use the cough assist? I find it helpful.
Praying you'll have a better night.

1.5 Mucinex (generic) tablets twice daily and i2 of an Allegra in the morning and half at night has helped my husband and his mucus a great deal.

I hope your both sound asleep now and dreaming good dreams.

Thinking of you. Use cough assist and antibiotics in case there is an infection. Keep the fluids up. D

So sorry for this tough time. I hope things are better today. Plenty of fluids is very important.

Barbie, bruce was on several antibiotics the last few weeks, do all you can, make sure you get him some prescription..Love ya

I woke up thinking about you today. I hope last night went smoothly.

Barbie,
I hope things are better today! Thinking of you!

Jen

I am really identifying with you right now. The last two nights have been bad for my sis. The next day she comes out of it. I hate to think that each time she comes out of it my thought is "so you mean it gets worse?!" I hate dealing with the mucus. It becomes such a threat towards the end. Is your husband on a peg tube? We saw the neuro yesterday and she said to increase water to thin the mucus so it isn't so thick.

Praying for a better day for you, today.

I'm thinking of you and hoping your cALS is doing better today.
Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back