Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
VA
City
Stafford
Sorry I haven't stopped by lately, the last few weeks have been exhausting and frustrating. He is FINALLY resting comfortably. We had a rough patch with our Hospice agency, but they came to their senses after a little pursuading on my part. :) They finally got on board with medicating him so he would not be so anxious and help his breathing. They kept saying there was a fine line of medicating for comfort and hastening his life. Once they spoke with our clinic (after I called them for help to change Hospice agencies), their care increased from 2x/week to everyday and even stayed with us last weekend to get him into a comfortable state. He since broke through the regimen and his meds were adjusted again. He slept well last night and our kids sat with him while I slept for about 6 hours on the sofa nearby.

He is on the home stretch and I keep reassuring him he is doing great and His plan is in motion.

On a sweet note, a few days ago our 3-year-old grandson pointed above Eric's head and asked "Who's that, Who's Opa's friend?" Of course, we couldn't see anyone and just said, "he's Opa's really nice friend." Yesterday, he came into the room to check on Opa and was knocking on the bed railing saying "Sir, Sir, Sir." Trying to get someone's attention. There wasn't anyone in the room but us. This morning he came in the room and said "How are you feeling Opa? Where's your friend? Where did he go?" I told him his friend went home but he will be back. I get chill bumps just thinking about him seeing what we were hoping for Eric. We have been praying for angels to be with him to keep him at peace, and it has been confirmed for us.

Take care everyone. May angels be with you all too!

Oh Pam,
Thoughts and prayers with you all! Aren't children observant?!?!

Jen

Pam,

Still praying for Eric and your family. I believe in angels - wish I could see them like your grandson does.
I do feel them sometimes, but more importantly, I meet some everyday- but those angels are disguised as people.
You're an angel too Pam.

Oh what a wonderful story and thanks for sharing with us and letting us know how Eric is. Your story confirms my belief in angles looking after us. Our thoughts and prayers are still coming your way.

WOW that's a beautiful story. Sound like your grandson has a special gift...
CC

So sorry that you guys have reached this transitional stage, Pam. I'm so sorry that your hospice team wasn't on board right away and that all of you had to suffer. It seems so unnecessary for these type of things to happen with a palliative care team. Thank goodness your Clinic staff intervened on his behalf. I guess this would be another good conversation to have with the intake personnel when choosing a Hospice.

I loved the story about Opa's friend! What a comforting revelation from the little tyke.

Thinking of you all, Pam. You have a very special grandson. Yasmin.

Pam,

What a wonderful story. I truly believe, also. Thank you for updating us about your family. Will be sending prayers and comforting thoughts to your family.

Loved your story. Gives me hope:)

Pam, your story made me cry. Your grandson is a wise one to keep around...hope today is a better day for you and your husband. stay strong.

How wonderful. Thank you for sharing. And may the angels be with you, as well.

That is a sweet story. Thanks for sharing it.

I think the young and innocent can see and sense things we can not. I've always believed in Guardian Angels to an obsessive degree.

Sounds like you've got the living proof rhat your love is being comforted. My prayers are with your family.

Off to moderation again.

Glad his angel showed himself to your grand baby.

This is a lovely story. Thinking of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back