Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
AL
City
Enterprise
"Hate" is such a harsh word that I NEVER use....however, it seems perfectly fitting under the circumstances! Nothing specific, I just despise and grieve over the toll that this disease is taking on my husband's body! I guess my vent is over as I'm pretty sure it sums it up for all of us here! Hugs to you all.

Ruth

You said it, Ruth! I couldn't agree more.
Hugs back to you,
Kris

Hugs to you, it's a hard journey
Cathy

I came across a postcard I bought and send to L years ago, one of Barbara Kruger slogans: 'Admit nothing, blame everyone, be bitter.'
I know it is not in the spirit of this place, but sometimes I indulge. Take care, Dani

So right Ruth. I feel it to.

Me too Ruthie...Big HUGS to all yall Pals and Cals..You all have my respect!

Expressed well, Ruthie and Dani!

Hate is a word I never use in earnest except where this despicable disease is concerned. In fact the word "hate" doesn't even cover it. The word to describe it hasn't been invented yet. Even "vent" is mild. I raged. At the sheer frustration of being so helpless, to stop it and make things better again, the bitterness, the questioning and pleading, the bargaining. The Anger was the most frustrating because there was nowhere to direct it and get a result. I understand what you are saying. As Dani says "be bitter", go and kick something, why should we have to keep up appearances? X

I so agree with you....the anger is always on the surface and then followed by the sadness.

Agreed! Please give us the strength!

Well, I gotta agree... Hate this disease... It has taken the two things that Rog enjoyed the most first... Speaking(oh he loved to talk) and eating( he loved good food)... It's now taking his mobility and breathing... Damn!

Jen

Larry loved working in his workshop and making the yard pretty. Now he cant do either one. He looks at the yard and I'm heartbroken. Yes...I do hate als.

I hate it too, it's like a plague of locusts stripping away everything bit by bit, and i hate how quickly it is taking him away..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back