Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
VA
City
Stafford
Hi everyone, I haven't posted much lately because Eric is now in the final phase of this beast. I've been strong up until this point. I know I have to see him through this, but every close call I find myself panicking and trying to make him better when I know I'm suppose to keep him calm and comfortable. It's really hard to switch my way of thinking.... no longer trying to save him. Damn this disease!

He's sleeping most of the time now and needs more and more morphine and ativan. His breathing is almost inaudible per the Hospice nurse, but as of Tuesday she did not hear any crackling or wheezing. I think CO2 is building up now. He isn't in any distress, which is a blessing.

We all know this day will come for our PALS, but it doesn't really make it any easier. Any advice and prayers to get our family through this is very much appreciated.

You have my prayers.

Pam,
You have our prayers and then some. I'm so sorry Eric has taken this turn, no words can really express the heartache. Sending hugs your way!

Jen

Pam, You and Eric are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sending loads of prayers. I'm so sorry this is happening.

I am praying for you and I wish you courage.

You and your husband are in my prayers too.

Pam, stay strong and hold him tight. peace for you both...

Praying for you and your husband xoxo

Pam. It's such a difficult time. Just keep talking to him, holding his hand and loving him. He can feel that and I'm sure is feeling the same. Just because he's sleeping it doesn't mean he's not aware. You've done everything possible to take care of him so far and keeping him comfortable and being with him is everything now. Thinking of you. Yasmin.

Pam, I wish i could hold your hand as your husband battles through this phase. If there is a
favorite song or story, let him hear it.

You have done all that you can. He's in God's hands, now. We all stand beside you to hold you up, during this time.

Pam and Eric...sending prayers your way

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and Eric.
Yes, we know it's coming, but it is still very difficult to let go of our loved ones.
You've been a great CALS for Eric, just let him know that you are still there with him. I'm so glad that he isn't in any distress.

my heart goes out to you right now.

<3

I have no words, only tears and prayers for you, your hubby and your family.
As the "Footprints" poem ends....during your trials of pain and suffering when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you. Prayers of comfort and peace to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back