Diagnosis
04/2009
Country
US
State
Pa
City
Philadelphia
So, after I posted my first thread I found out that there is an EYE GAZE machine that my mom can use to communicate again and then I also found out its covered under her insurance. I haven't seen my mom so happy in SO long. I told her she would be able to email and use the computer again which she has not done for 5 years and she was like...."REALLY!?!?!?!" It was sucha great moment. But what I really wanted to say is that I spent the entire day yesterday talking to the companies and the ALS association in order to get the computer process going and I just can not say enough how nice the people are that work and volunteer at those places. It really is the nicest group of people that you never wanted to meet. They are angels and they really make fighting this disease for my mom as comfortable as it could possibly be. :) :)

Jen,

That is wonderful news! I am so glad you were able to do that for your mom!

Wonderful news! I hope mom will be online soon!

Great news! After she gets online, tell her to come join us, we have fun threads to, like Come for Tea, and Whine and Cheese...

Thanks for sharing this inspirational post. I am so happy for you and your mom.

got moderated... didn't think I said anything naughty! :)

Good news for you and your mom.

Happy for your mom. It makes me happy that she can talk to the family again Wanda xoxo

So happy for your mom, Jen! I hope she'll join us over here on the forum! We'd love to have her!

Good for you--and for her! I wish you both all the best!

Glad they could get it for her. Have her join us here :) Lots of nice folks, too! Welcome to the forum

Jen,

That is great news! I'm so happy we were able to help and things are looking up!

Jen (as well)

You know - every once in a while - we are blessed by events - which seem inconsequential at the time - but provide for the most inspirational feelings....

I am happy that your mom can learn to communicate again.....((Hugs))
Amy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back