Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
US
State
FL
City
Hollywood
I wonder if I will get it too. I am feeling some movements in my muscles in the legs and sometimes in my hands and arms too. Am I getting nuts? Please any spouses help me!

Are you serious? Duh no!

I experienced the exact same thing for months after my husband was diagnosed. I blamed stress, nerves, worrying........

Please do some homework on this. ALS can in no way be passed on to another. This has to do with motor neurons that cannot reinnervate.

No not unless it's a family thing from your side, but then it is already there way before you met hubby. Kinda like a husband getting morning sickness when wifey has a bun in the oven. You love him soooo much you also feel what he is going through.

I am speechless.

No it is not.

No. But it is not uncommon for caregivers to feel sympathetic symptoms (think of all the husbands that gain weight during their wives pregnancies!) Muscle twitches have many causes but when you're living with someone with an MND you notice them more. Relax.. it's not contagious.

Tammi and Katie are exactly right! Sympathetic symptoms. Even the stress you're under can cause some symptoms that seem ALS related. It might help to get some counseling if you're feeling overwhelmed.

Only 10% of ALS is connected at all to family--but none is related to 'spouses" . They don't know what causes it exactly, but it's not airborne or bloodborne (the ways to 'catch' something) You're safe.

No
You cant catch it

I can't believe how dumb some people are. lol

No question is a dumb question.

I apologize because my response was rude. It just seems to me that a person who is helping someone with ALS were definitely know that its is not contagious. I would of thought the would of at some point asked Dr's or did research on it by now. Its like asking if cancer is contagious. Sorry, I'm extra edgy this week with my dad going back and all.

Dear Fiancee,
My response to you was rude. I am really edgy this week. I was the dumb one to respond in such a way.

I can't believe how dumb some people are. lol

You took my words exactly the way I was going to say them. I am not edgy I just think if your an adult you read, you have a computer, he has a doctor and Kim I don't think you was rude if you was I guess that makes me really rude. Being contagious has never been considered here by family or friends. They all kiss me when they come to see me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back