Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
Michigan
City
Mid
Our ALS clinic nurse came to visit us before we left the hospital. No good news at all, I'm afraid. She said it's time to just make him comfortable.

I'm so sorry Sharlene.

my thoughts are with you

:( I am so sorry to hear that, prayers to your family.

So sorry, Sharlene. That's really sad news. Thinking of you and your family. Yasmin.

Oh Sharlene, I am so so sorry. My thoughts are with you, your Dad and Mom and your family.

Oh Sharlene, I am so terribly sorry.

Oh, Sharlene, I'm very sorry. We are all giving you and your precious mom a big hug. I hope your dad can be made comfortable.

So sorry - thinking of you.

Sharlene, I'm so sorry ...

Thread of hope... is the nurse saying that because your Dad doesn't want a vent or peg? And remember that medical personnel aren't always right about these things. It really depends on what your Dad wants.

Hi, thanks for the wishes and prayers, all. Dad didn't want a peg and is no longer a candidate. He doesn't want any invasive respiratory assistance so he just has the bipap. I know there's no way to know for sure how long he has. He's having such a hard time breathing even with the bipap and his CO2 levels are rising. We started morphine today. Hopefully, that will reduce the anxiety over the lack of air. Knowing my Dad, he'll stick around a couple months, just to show the medical staff that they're wrong ;) Realistically, it's probably a matter of weeks. The respiratory onset was surely a bad start to a terrible disease.

Sharlene, I am so sorry for this sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and you family. There are meds that will be a great help to him. His Dr. can prescribe them.
Jane

I'm so sorry for the bad news. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

My deepest sympathies. Big hugs and please know that you and your mom have been his blessings and have done everything he has asked and needed. We are so proud of your strength!

V.

Sharlene - we pray for your family. I know that your dad will amazingly skip through another lifetime - just to hold your hand again. Love to you all.
Amy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back