Diagnosis
05/2009
Country
UK
State
Somerset
City
Yeovil
It is 3 years ago today that in a busy hospital ward, the only privacy a curtain surrounding the bed, those words were spoken to my husband

"Mark, I am sorry, you have Motor Neurone Disease"

With slurred speech Mark asked the dreaded question "How long have I got" ..............

Oh how our lives have changed. Back then a good day was a long lie in follwed by some shopping, a long boozy lunch all the while chatting, laughing and cuddling.

Today a good day is : not too many rehoists, good morning bowel movement, no new aches or pains and a few words spoken by an eyegaze machine.

But I am oh so proud - what a strong man he is.

rachelg, while I'm obviously not going to say "happy" anniversary, it's a testament to you both that your love clearly shows through. You have a right to be proud of your man, and so are we. Tell Mark I said hello!

I know Rachel, I know. X D

Bless you both...

I second the responses. The eyegaze may say it, but the technology can't "say" it. A strong man AND a strong woman. My best to you both.

Blessings to both of you!... A testament of real Love in action! I am proud of you both...{{{HUGS}}},

I think people forget that the word LOVE is a VERB. It is something you do. It is characterized in all the little things that sum up your labors.
Its something you actively participate in...Sometimes - the "doing" is just a little bit different. But its love - just the same....
I raise my glass to you - with a healthy salute! :)

You are both amazing! Your love and courage make you so special!

Jen

Thank you all so much x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back