PALS
Country
Mexico
State
Baja California
City
Mexicali
:) Hi everyone:

I need help with the following: DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THERE IS A DEVICE FOR A PAL TO USE IN TURNING THE PAGES OF A BOOK, if you can provide any information, a link to a place I can find information about this; would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Paty
Husband's Caregiver
Baja California, Mexico

THIS DEVICE IS FOR A PAL IN BARCELONA, SPAIN
HE CAN'T USE HIS HANDS, BUT LOVES READING.

Page turner device

Hi,

Please go to the following address http://www.zygo-usa.com/blv6.htm. I went to ask.com and asked for a page turner using one's head. There are other devices to search for on the Internet. Also y you can also have books online or scan them into the computer and your husband can read them off the monitor. Best wishes, Peg B.

Thank you very much Peg

Thanks again Peg, this device I am looking for isn't for my husband, it is for the husband of a friend in Barcelona, Spain, he's a young man, 30 yrs. old. and architect who's is a PAL, and is in the same stage of the sickness as my husband.

Yesterday I received an e.mail from this PALS cousin, asking me for help, she told me that they bought a device in Spain but it didn't work.

She speaks good English so I will e.mail her the link and information you provided me.
I am thinking of copying your message and e.mail it to her to.

May God bless you,

Sincerely,

Paty
Husband's Caregiver
Baja California, Mexico

Page Turner

Hello:

You might try the website for this company. They have a large catalog of items for a variety of disabilities.
http://www.sammonspreston.com/

Good luck.

Mark

Hi Paty - It is good to see a post from you! I was wondering how your and Jorge are doing! I find books to heavy to hold now but we are fortunate that our library has a big and varied store of books on tape. I swear by these tapes and disks! Of course that doesn't solve the problem of reading a technical manual or some obscure edition...Anyway, good to hear from you. Cindy

Hi Paty....
From what I learned when I researched page turners, they are kind of expensive and most have some problems with use. If your friend uses a computer, I think the best bet is 'e-books' There are many different websites and readers in which you can download thousands of free books and read them. Many of the classics are free and then there are also books you can buy online too. Some of the main sites are ebooks.com, and netlibrary.com for starters. They display and read just like regular books, and your friend can use any sort of switches or head mouse to run the computer, perhaps he already does?
Also, for listening to books, there are sites like Audible.com and others where you can subscribe and buy thousands of books to listen to. We always listen to a few chapters of a book while having our morning coffee.

Best to you and Jorge....Beth

Thanks for the feedback, Peg, Mark, Cindy and Lunarruna

Thank you for the links, suggestions and information about Page turners, I've e.mailed a copy of your messages to my friend in Barcelona.

Now: Cindy and Beth: Jorge and I are all the best we can be, although Jorge is most of the time in a bad mood like always; even though I try to cheer him up by reading jokes; and guess what? I even called a girlfriend he had in high school he wanted her to know that he is sick, so I had her talk to him on the phone, funny isn't it, considering they went steady when they were young, hahahaha. My daughter is so jealous with her father if she know's what I did, she is going to turn :-?

Cindy I've been doing some posting maybe you haven't seen them, I know I still owe you something with that photo you sent me, as soon as I have a little time I will have it ready for you.

Well it's time for me to go to read some of the messages at the forums, and after that I will go to bed, I am very tired.

May God bless you all.

Paty
Husband's caregiver
Baja California, Mexico

simple solution

Hi all-

For PALS that have some but limited use of their hands/ fingers the end of a pencil (eraser end) makes a good page turner.

Happy Valentines Day---

Shannon M.

Friends of ours purchased an electric page turner for my husband. It operates with a small mouthpiece (puff to turn the pages forward, sip to turn the page back). It can also be battery operated. It works great and gives him another option other than watching TV! The "brand" of the device is called the Touch Turner. I will try to find the paperwork that came with it to get you a web address and/or phone number.

Kathy
Wilmington, NC

PAGE TURNER (Shannon, Kathy).

THANK YOU MARK, SHANNON AND KATHY:

I've e.mailed the link you gave me to my friend in Barcelona.

Shannon, Fernando in Barcelona, like my husband can't use their hands, but thank you very much for your suggestion of the pencil eraser.

Kathy I would appreciate if you could get me the link to the internet page were you got the device you mention.

Sincerely,

Paty
Husband's Caregiver
Baja California, Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back