04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
Hi everyone
you have been so generous in sharing advice hoping you can add some more!
My PALS is early stage and following advice given to me in my earlier thread where someone wished they had taken more trips I am asking for ideas?
What was your best vacation so far? including prior to diagnosis. my PALS does not yet have a lot of disability (couldn't climb Everest and shouldn't do a cycle holiday or a hiking one but otherwise pretty able)
obviously what is fun for one of us may be agony for another but looking for help thinking outside the box!
Thank you all and wishing you all continued strength on this journey
love
Nikki

Hi Nikki, you're almost my neighbor! Used to work in Needham Heights many years ago...

Best trip ever? Do you like ocean or lakes? Beach or mountains? Cities and culture, or outback and campfires. All depends on what you like. I always wanted to go cross country both in the U.S. and Canada by train... no driving, get off when you want to, get back on and have your bed on the train...

Good luck!

Best trips I ever had were in a canoe on long rivers and lakes in Canada and Alaska with no people, short of that not much beats a good road trip in the US.

thank you for taking the time and effort to answer!
cross country does sound awesome!
Helen we are indeed almost neighbors! (and I actually do live in Needham Heights. needham is a great town in my opinion)
wishing you strength and comfort
love
Nikki

Ooooohhhh! We are taking an European River Cruise this summer!

Jen

Hands down. San Francisco, wine country, red wood forest and scenic drive up route 1 to Big Sur and Carmel. The food, the wine, the company and views were all amazing! You can do so much, or nothing at all and still look around you in awe every beautiful step (or drive) of the way.

The best trip ever for us was a six-week trip up the Inside Passage from Bellingham to Glacier Bay. We did it in our 25 foot boat. While a lot of people do this trip on a cruise ship, seeing it all up close and at our own pace was incredible. We did it twice and know we can't do it again but we are considering a cruise ship for the next one.

We are also considering a trip to Washington DC. We both love museums and history and this someplace we would both love to see.

Another trip we are planning is the National Parks. We got a National Parks Passport in Alaska and would love to get as many stamps as possible.

DC is a wonderful get away. And all the monuments and museums are FREE. Pennsylvania.is another wonderful getaway. My son in grade 2 had a mennonite pen pal, so after visiting Philly (the liberty bell, Betsy Ross' home. The Declaration of Independence etc.) We went to meet him. Mennonites are 1 step closer to modern day society (they use electricity and drive cars). We shopped in Amish run stores, ate in an Amish restaurant and visited an Amish dairy farm complete with an ice cream shoppe.

No matter what you choose, its always special. Have fun,

How about Paradise!........Kauai is wonderful, beaches, pools, sun, relaxation!....never left...:)

Oh yeah!, the Inside Passage is good, been there done that in sea kayaks back in the dark ages, I'd suggest a cruise ship now. New Zealand's not bad, a bit out of the way but well worth the effort.....lol

Hawaii. Definitly Hawaii. We honeymooned there and went back on a regular basis. And if your PALS tires easily you can always rent a mobility scooter while you're there.

In a different direction ... Disneyland. We went soon after Glen's diagnosis. Again they have scooters and wheelchairs available. Took the kid, his girlfriend and my sister. We had a BLAST!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back