Diagnosis
11/2010
Country
CA
State
On
City
Perth, Ontario
Well our Bathroom Reno is halfway done. It was began last Monday and is making very good progress.

The builder we are using knows about dad's special needs and has been putting in 12 hour days to get the job done as soon as possible.

With the addition of 2 pocket doors one from the bedroom into the bathroom and one from the bathroom into the hallway it makes our house almost weelchair accessable. It at least makes one floor accessable.

The bathroom is loosing it's bathtub and getting a roll in shower and smaller vanity and a wheelchair accessable toilet.

In the meantime we are suffering along with one half bath in the house. There is no way to take a shower for dad so it has been sponge baths. Mom and I have been able to get into town to my grandmother's for showers but her house only has showers on the second floor making it inaccessable to dad.

I have to say dad has been taking it okay, he is inconvenienced by the whole ting for sure but he is accepting it. He was upset at first because he hates to have his routine disturbed. However after realizing that if we didn't do the re-modle before he was wheelchair bound he would end up having to stay in a hospice he lightened up alot.

My mom is loveing being able to pick out tiles and being able to design some things with the builder. She is tired but things are looking less glum in her eyes. Having these renovations gives her the hope that dad will be able to remain in the home for longer.

I am hoping that we have no issues with the builder but he seems to be a very good guy and has had a lot of recomendations so no horror stories! I feel a weight lifting off us as the work progresses.

So glad that your projects are progressing nicely. Renos can be unsettling under normal circumstances. Hope that all continues smoothly and that your Dad is pleased with the increased independence the Reno will provide.

We're going to be doing that in July. It will be nice when you get it finished. Good for you!

Our roll in shower is almost done. I can hardly wait. It will truly be nice to not have to transfer to a shower bench, it was not going to work much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back