Diagnosis
02/2011
Country
US
State
GA
City
Gwinnett
My husband has continued to decline with his ALS issues and complications from this awful disease. He has fought this disease so hard but I'm afraid we may have turned a corner.

He had been coughing for some time but never has had a fever. By yesterday, his oxygen was at 82%, rapid heart rate, high blood pressure, loss of appetite and becoming dehydrated. Home health nurse came due to my request and told us he needed to go to the hospital.

I thought maybe IV fluids would do the trick but blood work showed infection and his chest xray showed that the right diaphragm was beginning to look raised. Now today's new complication, his paralyzed hand that was constricted for some time is becoming swollen. So new blood clot worries and his INR level is already affected by the antibiotics. So there it is.

I'm so sorry. I wish there was something I could do for you. Are you at the hospital with him?

Last edited:
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

My thoughts are with you. So sad you're all going through this.

I am so so sorry, and will be Praying for him also. Bless you and Comfort for you also. We have your hand. {{HUG}}

Sorry to hear this. Hope he can get all the care he needs. Urgent and invasive was the key for us when L had pneumonia. Raised diaphragm is a hallmark of ALS once the respiratory muscles become affected. It means that the lower part of the lungs can never fully fill the air, due to the pressure from the diaphragm. It can result in a collapsed lung. Laurence's diaphragm is raised on his left side. He managed to survive a bout of pneumonia.

You are in my thoughts. Dani

I sure hope they can knock this out and he can come home. Hang in there, as best you can.

I am keeping you and your husband in my prayers sweet lady..

So sorry to hear this news. You guys have been through so much already. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Hugs

Evelyn--I hope that you can overcome this and your dear husband will be home soon. He is a fighter and that is in his favor. Please know that I am thinking of you and him and wish for the best.

Keeping you and hubby in my prayers, that he beats this!

So sorry! God Bless! You are in my prayers!

Georgia Peach - Thinking of you and your hubby, praying for a recovery. God Bless you.

Hello Georgia Peach ~~~~ You were so on my mind tonight that after I put pals to bed, I had to log on to the forum. Have not been able to be on the site lately with other duties taking so much of my energies. I am sending so many prayers your way tonight. Please know that you and Scott are covered. Is your son with you? I am sending you courage, fortitude and care. Grab that rope, tie a knot in it and HANG ON, GIRL. Miss our talks. G.

You were on my mind tonight, too. I hope all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back