Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
CA
City
Stockton
I am the caregiver for my husband who has ALS. He has lost his ability to speak and is getting his PEG tube on Wednesday. He was diagnosed in August of 2011. He is such a model of grace and dignity that I am in awe of him. We live in California and he gets his treatment at UCSF. I miss his voice, we used to talk all the time. He gets a Dynavox from the VA in the next couple of weeks. I have enjoyed reading posts tonight and gotten some ideas to help him, thank you.

Re: Hi! I'm new

Welcome Pang, but so sorry about your husbands diagnosis. You have come to the right forum, we are a family here to help each other on this new journey together. Ask all the questions you need someone may have the answer, or rant or rave, and we have fun forums also. {{{HUGS}}}

I'm very sorry about your husband's diagnosis. You will find much support here. Be sure to check the cALS section of the forum, too.

So sorry to hear of your husband's DX. You'll find a wealth of information and support here. Good luck tomorrow. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Welcome! My husband was a veteran, too. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Hi Jen, sorry you've had to find this forum, but I'm glad you said hi. You'll find a lot of very caring people. I've only been around a month or so, but have learned so much here. Jump in the 'come for tea' forum if you'd like to socialize :)

Welcome to the Forum! Let us know if you have any questions. :)

Hi, Jen. I'm the caregiver for my husband, too. We were diagnosed in October, we're in San Ramon, CA, we go to UCSF and the Forbes Norris Center at California Pacific.

I would do anything to hear my husband say, "I Love You!"

So sorry you're here, and Welcome. These are the most wonderful people you've never wanted to know!

Hi and a warm welcome from me. I'm so sorry to hear your husbands diagnoses! He is very luckey to have you. I hope you will find all support and info at this forum. I'm new here too and I feel very supported here, this is a wonderful place under the circumstances of course :)

Thank you all for your welcome! I will post as soon as I know how he's come through....this has been a journey I never thought I'd be traveling with him. We've been married 25 years and he just retired a couple of months before the onset of symptoms in 2010. My oh my, we've had a huge learning curve and I'm still missing vital info so I'm glad I've found you!

Keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers.

Rog came through great! Staff used his BiPAP to introduce anasthesia to take the edge off and locals at the site of placement... He wasn't sick afterwards, alert and in no pain. I will pick him up from the hospital today... No more choking! Thank you for thoughts and prayers!

panguinjen, glad to hear that all went well with the Peg... if you do a search on the forum, you will find some good recipes and practical tips from other members.

Good news!

I'm so glad that he came through the operation well and is relieved of choking! Hang in there Babe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back