Diagnosis
02/2011
Country
US
State
CA
City
Roseville
First, I want to thank you all for you words of wisdom and support. It really helps being able to ask for support and information from those who know.

We met the "regular" hospice nurse on Tuesday and she is wonderful. So far, I think hubby has changed his tune a little. They have promised him minimal visits and intrusions for now. But, have also told him that if things change, that will too. Although still a bit stubborn, he is seeing things a little differently.

The down side is that on her first visit she took his BP and it is up. 140/110 in one arm and 150/110+ in the other. So she had to come back out again today. BP is still up. I am not that worried about it and neither is he. don't know what the hospice doc is going to say though. My theory is that it is his breathing that is causing the issue. He isn't using his bipap and I imagine his oxygenation is down. My simple research shows that this can elevate BP. That and of course, it is a side effect of rilutek. So, we wait.

I continue to keep all of our PALS and CALS in my thoughts and prayers. This is a sucky, bumpy road. But I am so glad to have you to travel with. I will be around as much as I can, but times, they are a changin'.

Love and light
Meg

Meg,
I just wanted you to know we are here for you. My thoughts and Prayers are also with you both. {{{HUGS}}}

Meg... do I remember right that you guys see Dr North? if so I'd just shoot him an e-mail and ask if the bp is anything he's concerned about.

meg, bp may be high due to the new hospice arrangment. mine does that, then goes back to normal once i get comfortable with what the new situation is all about.
ed

Will he consider using his bibap at least to see if he brings his BP down? Does he just not like the bipap? Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back