Diagnosis
07/2010
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Wallaceburg
mom is progressing so fast. she is now pretty much out of it all the time. she wakes in pain. we are giving her morphine every two hours and sometimes every hour. her breathing is really bad. how much more can she take? i feel helpless, all i can do is keep pumping in the drugs. so sad right now.

Angela, I'm so sorry your family is going through this. Please remember we are with you always! Praying for peace.

So sorry Angela. It's so difficult. Keep her comfortable and keep talking to her, hold her hand. Thinking of you.

I'm so sorry Angela. Hang in there, talk to her, try to get some rest for yourself.

thanks everyone for your kind words. mom has slipped into a coma-like state. breathing is very difficult to listen too as her lungs are filling with fluid quickly. haldol was started today along with an increase to morphine every hour. this disease is soooo horrible, why does it seem to attack the good ones?

I know I've said this before but if this "coma" is the same as Bob experienced, she will still be aware of what's going on around her, what's being said, etc.

Angela, does she have a favorite book, poem or song/music? I know it is very difficult for your family at this time, but we have to believe they can still hear and hopefully understand. I kept talking to my husband and decided to read him our family's favorite children's book. His best friend was there at the time and interrupted me to tell me to look at his face, as his eyebrows kept moving up and down with the rhyme.

I wish I could truly be by your side to provide support for you at this time.

Angela,

Please stay strong during this difficult time...you are in my thoughts tonight.

Angela, keeping you in my thoughts and praying for peace for you and your Mom.

Thinking of you. your mom, and family. HUGS

angela a big hug for you this is so hard to go thur

So very sorry Angela that it is moving so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back