Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
tn
City
clarksville
how old are most people who have MND and at what age did they find out they have MND?:confused:

Hi there

My brother was diagnosed in September 2003 he was 46 years old. My belief is that ALS is indiscriminate. Anyone can be affected no matter how old you are.

Take care
Anna

I was diagnosed at age 34 in 1998.

Mike

I was diagnosed at age 45 in June 2006.
Rhonda

I'm 43 now and diagnoseded at 30.

Iluvmysoldier502, you have an interesting username. Was your spouse in the military in Canada or the US? Did he/she serve in the Gulf war?

Diagnosed at 43 . First symptoms at 41.

Liz

Hi:

I first had symptoms had about a 61 which were somewhat obscure. I was not diagnosed with motor neuron disease until age 63. Mine is lower motor neuron. At least that is the diagnosis at this point.

Mark

My mom is soon to be 76 and first started having symptoms at 73. Anne

I'm 57 and was diagnosed at 54. Statistically speaking the average age for diagnosis is around the mid 50's. There are people with it in their teens but it is a rarity. In the last few years there have been more people diagnosed in their 30's and 40's but predominantly in the 50's and later. AL.

My dad was diagnosed with the bulbar form in March of 2005 at the age of 51. His symptoms started the summer before though. He received his vent in Feb of 2006.
Dana

My dad was diagnosed at age 84. He had been having symptoms of muscular weakness for several years, but nobody looked for ALS until he could no longer swallow. When I look back, I realize this probably began when he was 78 or 79, maybe even sooner.

Hi

Hi there , My son-in-law Jackwas diagnosed at age 41 in April of 2006. Symptoms started in January of 2006 in his fingers more so on left side. Should be an interesting thread. My Best to all, Beebe

Edna May

Hello & Welcome I was diagnosed May 2006 A week before My 80th Birthday. symptoms two years before. All the best to you. EM

My husband was diagnosed in April of 06 at the age of 55 but started having symptoms when he was 50. He lost the fight last month.

Chris

iluvmysoldier502

Hi there, Do you have ALS? How old are you and where are you from? This could be a very interesting post if we could keep it going. We as a family wonder about what our pals did for a living , trauma, other diseases maybe in their lifetime. Where they live and their age etc. Hope we get more responses . My Best to all, Beebe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back