Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
CA
State
Nova scotia
City
Porters lake
I called our neurogist to get some meds fro my husbands pain and spacity.what are your thoughts on this med.I am told it may make him weaker..is it worth it?Is it effective or are there better alternatives.Thank you!:-(

Hi - my husband takes (5) a day of this drug (forget the mg's) and if he didn't have it available he would not be able to move. We are now trying to get him on the pump which is a constant steady flow of this drug. So yes, for him at least, it is worth it.

Baclofen is a great drug to reduce spasms. It helped Bob to no end. At one point he felt it was making him weak and reduced the dosage but noticed such a difference when he did. He went back on it - he was taking 50 mgs a day. His weakness dissipated with use. I think it is definitely worthwhile. Yasmin

thanks.i think we will give it a try!

I have taken 10 mg morn. and night for years no problem.

AL.

Can you drive while taking it,does it make you weaker and sleepy?

I don't drive anymore but it never bothered me when I was driving and takking it.

AL.

Yes you can certainly drive using baclofen. It can cause tiredness but the weakness is caused by the taking away of the spasticity. Sometimes spasticity keeps you upright. Make those muscles more relaxed and the stability can lessen. You need to give it a try and see how it goes. I was on 60 mg with no problems at all, but had to stop as it upset my epilepsy.

I too am on Baclofen,
without it i would be very stiff.

I have a pump to administer it and i also take 10mg in the morning to boost me.

no side effects for me, been on oral since 2008 and pump since mid 2010

cheers
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back