Diagnosis
10/2011
Country
US
State
North Carolina
City
Raleigh
I'm from Raleigh, NC. My father in law has ALS. Anyone with ALS/care giver for someone with ALS/or have a parent with in the area?:smile:

From North Carolina, not in your part of the state. I am sorry for your father-in-law's diagnosis. I know my husband's diagnosed has been difficult for our adult children and grandchildren. Your concern and care will be invaluable to your family. We are so thankful for a supportive family. Just doing what you can without neglecting your own children will be so helpful to them. I know this is a delicate balance when helping with parents.

Trfogey is from Raleigh I believe.

AL.

My husband is diagnosed with ALS, we live on the coast about 2 and a half hours from you.

Concord. Just northeast of Charlotte.

I have 2sons in the military in NC. My husband has ALS so they are very familiar with it.

Very familiar with Concord and Gastonia. My in-laws live in Greensboro and mother was born in Salisbury and moved back for a few years before she passed this passed October. Been shopping many times in Concord! :) thought it might be nice to have people near by going through similar experiences.

Catcaniac, my friend and I were just at the coast this past Saturday on a day trip. It was 72 and beautiful...in January!

My Dad has been diagnosed with ALS and lives in Raleigh. We currently live in KS b/c my husband is stationed here with the Army. However, we are in the process of requesting a compassionate reassignment to NC, so if that comes through, we will be living south of Raleigh in the Fuquay Varina area.
If not, I homeschool our sons, so we come back to visit for extended periods of time.
I was just home visiting in December and attended the ALS support group in Raleigh... I highly recommend it! Fantastic group of people that are compassionate. Feel free to send me a private message with any questions.

Allison

Hi, we are in Winston Salem. Not diagnosed, but in the process. Neuro has stated the speech is for sure neurological, just what we are not sure. Sorry to hear of your father in law! Hope all are keeping spirits up as much as possible. Blessings!

Allison, I hope you can get back here to be with your Dad. That has to be hard. We are only 1.5 hrs away but, I know my husband will struggle as things get worse with his Dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back