Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
WI
City
wis rapids
Ok after having acouple of break downs, I know I have to change MY attitude towards my mom. I have to be there for her more cause I don't know how much time I have left with her. Still it seems to be all a big nightmare that never stops, but I can't let it get the best of me. I just have to make sure I find time to take care of myself too. I called my mom today and she said that her and my dad went to a center to see if she could get disability but she can't cause she hasn't been working since she was pregnant with me. But they are seeing if she will qualify for medical assistance. She brought up how she doesn't know how she will be able to make meals for my dad and I told her that I will be coming by more to help her out and I could make the meals. I want to relieve her from every day things as much as possible.

I feel so bad for her, she took care of my grandma, her mil who died of congestive heart failure 4 yrs ago, she never left her side much after they told her she had up to 6 months to live but only lived 4. Only went home to shower and spend time with my dad. Then she helped take care of my grandpa which was her dad who had a lung disease that had gotten worse then he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and he died in July 2010. Never would of thought just over a year later she would get diagnosed with ALS. She is a caring and loving person. Now the tables have turned and it is us her family taking care of her.

Good for you Jessielf, I know that you will feel good about stepping up and supporting her.
Get lots of support for yourself too. Sending you my support and a big hug! Jayne

Jessie, I "liked" your post and then took it off... I'm glad you're feeling better about things, the tone is so much better in your posting. And I'm glad that you'll be there for your Mom. It will have its difficult moments, but also ones that you will treasure forever.

I know she isn't that old, can you get her online here for herself as well? And you, my friend stay close to us and keep us posted!

She is old fashion and has no concept of the internet or how to use it. LOL So with my sister, and I and other family members we look things up for her. I told you she is stubborn:wink:

Your a good daughter :)

Good luck to you, sweet pea! Y'all hang in there!

Your mother sounds like a very special woman, and from what you have written here, you sound like a very special person also.

I am sorry that you are going through this. However, I am glad you found this Internet site.

Make sure to have family fun along the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back