Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Crowley
We are loseing too many. Jason, Bran, and now Annie. Where do we find the peace? How do we pick up and live again? How? If my heart wasn't already broken, it would be now for Annie and her Phil. I know the pain all to real. It's just so wrong. It's so unfair. It's such a hateful thing, ALS! I hate you. I hate you, that you take, and take then leave us with the pain. Please someone tell me why! I can't find a reason to make this all fit.

Bob is gone too. Way too many to such a cruel, cruel disease. I don't find a reason. I don't think there is one. No point looking for one really.

I just can't shut off my mind to asking why. It is just so unfair. I weep for us, all of us.

My husband, Terry, died in August. Six ALS patients in my area have died in the last two months. So many people that we started this journey with are now gone. There is no rhyme or reason. However, I don't think we were ever promised the "why's" in life. Annie was so good about understanding and imparting the importance of faith in the face of ALS. Peace this holiday season to all of the families dealing with the death of a loved one.

My sister just passed from ALS on Dec. 7, 2011. I have given up looking for reasons. I also lost my FIL in Dec. 2008 from this beast too. A;; I know is that neither one is suffering now, for which I am thankful to the Almighty for calling them home. My faith tells me that they are with Jesus now. I know we did the right thing in caring for each one and making their last days as comfortable as could be and they were surrounded with people who loved them dearly. I miss them both and always will, but I am at peace with the loss because they suffer no more.

just learned about annie so sad again

I hate ALS. I hate ALS. I hate ALS. I so hate ALS. Praying. For a cure. Praying everyone touched by this hateful disease find peace. I just bought an ornament for each of my grandchildren. Who lost their mother last year. Not to ALS.
Just have to share it with you guys
Hugs to everyone. Love all of you

I love you all dearly
Now don't shed a tear
I'm spending my Christmas
With Jesus this year
Merry Christmas from Heaven

I can't even begin to count the members, friends, from here, clinic friends, support group friends, ALS Walk friends and others that have passed before me. While my heart is heavy thinking of them it is buoyed up by the spirit and unselfishness of our new members. Each day someone helps a perfect stranger who is fearful of what lies ahead. Being a firefighter for 33 years maybe makes it easier to cope. I just try to find something good about each new day.

AaL.

This thread makes me cry. it is so hard for all of us--the ones suffering and the poor loved ones. Thank god we have each other...

PS I hate hate hate hate hate ALS too.

I think one of the first losses of people I got to know through their writings on this site was Joel... and a few people who were diagnosed about the same time as I was, as Lavender Lady was... Ann's death is devasting to me, yet somehow I knew the day when I posted to her and Phil that she was already gone. I keep telling myself that now when I talk to Ann that I no longer need a keyboard, I can just talk to her as she's with us all.

We've lost many members this year, and many new ones have been registering... how come everyone says this is a rare disease?

Life sucks and then you die. Sorry, my life is still pretty good, mostly 'cause I still feel pretty good. Ask me how I feel a year from now...

Sending hugs and hope to all...

I think of my 3 year old nephew that will live at the Cancer Center till he's 5. That puts everything in perspective for me. That's a disease that really sucks.

wow , three year old. Your right, this little boy has not even had a chance to experience life jet. I think it is easier when people are older or old to except stuff as far as health preblems. But little kids....

I HATE , O M G, I HATE ALS, IT HAS TRULY TURNED MY LIFE UPSIDE DOWN. I miss my dad so much, nobody should have to go through ALS. And if they do it really pisses me off that they have to struggle money wise just to get equipment and supplies they need to survive. What is wrong with this picture.........

My mother passed this Tuesday (12-13-2011), just six months after diagnosis. When she was diagnosed in July, she only had a little difficulty swallowing and minor speech issues and now she's gone. I agree with everyone else...I hate ALS, I truly do.

I hate that your 3 year nephew has to go through cancer Susan. You are so right. That is so unfair. My cousin little girl born the day before my granddaughter has cerbal palsy meeting kailee will really make you stop and put things in perspective she is so smart. She cannot talk. She walks on her knees. Which is amazing. She cannot control her limbs at all. Yet she is always smiling. And laughing out loud. I feel so blessed and thankful that all of my children were born healthy. If my dying would heal my cousin beautiful little girl. And your nephew. I would beg the good Lord to take me now. so sorry about your mom life can be so cruel and painful
Praying for all of us and especially for the children.
Love you guys.
Felica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back