Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Al
City
Valley
Oh what I would give for a full nights sleep, it's not good when you wake up every day still tired and sleepy:(..That is my gripe today..lol

Oh Joni, I am so sorry you are not sleeping well. It is ruff to try and function when you feel you havent had any sleep or rest. I feel the same every morning but I can take sleeping pills, but for a caregiver I guess that's not an option. Hoping and Praying you can get some well deserved rest soon. Love & Big HUGS!

I totally and honestly feel for you. I wake up every morning feeling like I haven't slept at all. Last night my husband tells me that Mom rang twice and I didn't even hear her so he took care of it. I did wake up several other times to her ringing. Some nights I am in such a deep sleep but feel like I didn't sleep at all. I think it is because of the broken sleep! I don't know, I need a weekend away just to sleep!

Bob passed away 14 weeks tomorrow and I felt like you did while I was taking care of him. Still can't sleep though!

My K downloaded an app for her Iphone that lets you see exactly what your sleep cycle looks like. Hers was definately not very restful while getting up to answer Gma's calls.

I know what ur talking about.....I wake up 90% of the time between midnight and 3:30 (I go to be at 10 pm). I have tried 3 different herbal concoctions (with Valerian and Melatonin in most) plus Advil PM, Ativan (which get me to sleep fast, but doesn't help the wake up), and Restoril. None have worked as of yet.

Jasmin, hon I know how hard this is for you, and I'm so sorry. Will no sleep sucks, I take prescription meds, and tyleno pm, have taken melatonin too..Nothing really works. Deb I wonder if that app is on the Ipad?Laurel I feel you..Di sooner or later I will crash, but thanks..

my guess would be its because of all the stress and anxiety. I have problems with this too, but not ALS related. Mine is bipolar related. just cant get my mind to shut down. when i finally do crash, i wake up at least 15 times a night, and in mid-thought or song! Hate it and i look like crap most of the time because of it. i just keep telling myself that I can sleep when im dead.

Same here, no sleep, broken sleep, waking up with fear that something terrible has happened or is about to happen. I had been a poor sleeper all my life but this for sure is something else....

I know Dani it sure is hard..

I had an overnight with a girlfriend in an up-scale hotel in Toronto two weekends ago. Our room had an adjoining door to the next room where they had booked in a group of college boys who spent the night coming and going, partying, knocking on the adj. door. My girlfriend did not sleep much. I took the bed beside the door too. I slept well. I think that pure exhaustion and knowing the ker-fuffal was not my Thomas allowed me to turn off hyper-watch and just sleep. At home, however, sleep is best achieved when the kids are home and the TV is on. No one needs ME at that time. Naps are great!

I have never had trouble sleeping....but now I do....about 2 nights a week I cant sleep a wink....I take an antihystimine and that makes me drousy and clears up my sinus so the bipap works better. Sometimes I leave the tv on and sleep in my lounge chair...I turn the sound down and it seems to lull me to sleep, and if I cant sleep I watch a program. Joni hope you can rest, praying for you.

I wish I could too now I have a small cold, so probably no sleep tonight either.

I used to sleep like a baby before my husband got ALS and now I have trouble staying asleep. I still fall asleep when my head reaches the pillow. I don't want to take a sleep aid in case I were not to wake when he needed me. Sometimes I just go in to see that his chest is rising and falling. I wake up early in the morning and can't go back to sleep.

BUT this morning when he was in his own bed and had slept through the night, I was extremely thankful.

So glad that he's home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back