Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Al
City
Valley
Bruce can't get his jeans buttoned anymore,because of the right hand weakening, what suggestions do you have. I looked at some things online, way too expensive.

Go to the tips, gadgets forum and click on the Catalogue of useful items. Look on Items for daily living and that page has button hooks. I got one and it was $14.95.

AL.

May sew velcro when the button is, sweat pants are comfortable too. I know alot of dressier pants have those lil slide clasps , Good Luck!

my husband wore sleep pants made from jersey material in a solid color, they were soft with some give in the fabric. big bonus they have a fly that makes using a urinal very easy. We bought them from Walmart for about 12$ they came in light grey, dark grey and navy blue.

penny1 aka Sherri

Joni. Not sure about your husband. But I got about 6 pairs of pajama jeans in a size larger love them as. Can't do zippers hooks or buttons any more. My husband and mother in law and other cals help me so much. If you have family or friends let them help it will save your life

My OT lent me a button buttoner and a zipper puller upper. The zipper gadget is great but the button buttoner was kind of difficult to use so her Mom is a seamstress and is sewing velcro on an old pair of pants and a bra to see if I can use those easily. Does he have an OT?

While Glen was still working, we were able to find elastic waist khakis at Target. Once he was staying home, sweat pants and basketball shorts. We bought them a little bigger than he needed to make them easier for him to pull up.With the dementia he was never able (not really motivated) to master the button or zipper puller. But a nice polo shirt... again a little too big for ease of putting on... worked great.

Or he could be like me and wear no pants at all! Of course I don't get out much :) and when I do my helpers put me in sweat pants.

I wear the snap fastener tear away pants. Unsnap for a Pee and easy to put on and off. Hard to find just plain ones. Most have stripes or are sparkly material.

AL.

Al,
Rekon the sparkly ones were made for the strippers? :wink:

Actually,when my son was a figure skater he wore the tear offs all time, because they'd go on and off over his skates. If you look up basketball wear you should be able to find just about any color.

Thanks i will be looking into some of these, don't know what I would do without yal! Al sparklies...bet those are cute!

I can't button or zip my jeans, so I leave them buttoned and zipped and pull them on like they were pants with elastic waists.

At my first clinic, the OT guy told me about a website that has all pants with elastic waists. They are Buck and Buck.com. I'm not sure about the caps, so try it both ways, caps and lower case.

I went on that web page Gail, thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back