Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
I took the Mrs. in for foot surgery yesterday so some bunyons and bones could be put out and into place. I found out in a hurry just how bad this house is for someone that can't make it up (or down) any stairs.

The surgery was short, only lasting an hour and a half but the recovery is going to be l o n g (several weeks). Mrs. Z is recovering nicely with the aid of some powerful pain meds. We go to the doc for a follow-up Monday morning at which time he has promised to show me a slide show of his beautiful xrays he took of my wife's foot (before and after shoots).

So far, my caregiving looks promising! You'd love my cooking!

Your a good husband. Now you'll see what it takes to run a house :)

Well Susan, you are so right! Mrs. Z is not and will be not able to trod down the stairs to the basement where the laundry machines sit. I'm thankful for having a dishwasher, our youngest daugher that is still living at home.

So far, my dinner making has been creative and quick but our daughter has offered to fill her mom's shoes in the kitchen. Oh Lord, what are my taste buds in for now?

I guess this means I'm going to have to go grocery shopping. Very painful for me! All I want to buy is either chocolate or cheese.

Hmmm, chocolate and cheese you say? Sounds like fudge marble cheesecake to me.

How is Mrs. Z today?

Mrs. Z is doing well, all things considered. The doc prescribed Percoset and something akin to tylonol 3 (has codiene). The percoset is for the initial post-surgery kind of pain and the other is for when the pain somewhat subsides a degree or two.

I've been making sure she is as comfortable as I can make her. Tomorrow we take a trip to see the doc and get a cast put on. They told here she could put some weight on the heel of the foot that had the surgery. The surgeon only operated on the front part of her left foot.

Thank you for asking!

Hope her recovery is swift! Good luck!

You can always make cheese fondue and chocolate fondue! That would go a long way in pampering her!

I hope Mrs Z is recovering fine and fast.

offer her my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

AL.

The doc changed the bandage out and put a cast on Mrs. Z's foot today. We got to see the before and after xray pictures. It's really something to see 3 screws hidden under the skin that presumably go into bone.

Did you know you are now given an option as to the color of your cast? We have purple.

Cool! Now you just have to decorate it! Get some glitter glue pens and ladybug stickers! :)

Glad she's doing ok :)

Glad to hear she is doing better and that she has such a wonderful caretaker! ;) I agree with the sparkle pens and the stickers!
Who chose the purple?

Mrs. Z chose the purple because they had no green.

I just knew that woman had wonderful taste! What? No green? You should put in a complaint! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back