Diagnosis
02/2011
Country
US
State
GA
City
Gwinnett
We moved into our new ranch handicapped-friendly home on Labor Day. We still have another split level house full of STUFF that we didn't move that our son wants to rent so today my sister-in-law and friend helped me hold a garage sale inside our old house. My SIL also made home made stew for us for lunch so we now have dinner for tonight.

My youngest brother stayed with my husband and transferred him into his power chair to let him go out with the dog. My brother stayed with him all day after arriving at our home at 7:00 a.m. I appreciate my family so much.

It was a good day. AND my husband was fine! He stayed up in the power chair way too long and his feet are swollen but all in all an excellent day.

Sounds like a wonderful day and like you have a wonderful family GP! We are blessed!

So glad you had a GOOD DAY!. And husband was able to get out and enjoy. What a wonderful family you have.

Doesn't your hubby's chair have elevating leg rests? Might be a good investment if not.

AL.

Sounds like everything went really well for y'all. Hope your husband's feet are better.

I was so proud of my younger brother for being a great caregiver with my husband. He helped him use the transfer board from bed to his power chair. He served him lunch and played board games while I was at the other house. He is supposed to elevate his feet 15 minutes for every hour that he's up.

It is a wonderful feeling when family rallies around you and is so supportive. Makes you count your blessings and realize how lucky you are!

So glad that you had a great day and loving support from your family! It makes all the difference in the world. Especially in keeping you from feeling so alone!
Janis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back