Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
Today, I had the glass removed from our shower. I put his shower chair in there and transfer stand, and he had his first shower in probably 2 years!

It seems silly we didn't do it sooner, but he had refused the shower/commode chair and insisted on transferring to the toilet until I was physically unable to help him anymore. Now he is so happy he can't see straight

It makes me happy to think of his big smile as that water poured down on him! It really is the little things in life that make it worth it...

Happy for you Barbie. I've been hoping the new caregiver will be able to give my mother a shower too. Obviously she's ashamed to do it with me, but I'm sure she'd love on. She's been using TENA soap this whole time.

That is a very big small happy thing! So glad for both of you.

I'll bet he loved it. Glad you could make it work!

Pride is a good thing...but then again, not always. We measure our days in small victories, like this one. Good for you both!

Yea! What joy in keeping the simple pleasures. We are also looking at changing up the bath but not too sure how far to go, money is ALWAYS an issue. I truly think having a handheld shower wand that can still hang up like a regular shower head would prove a great advantage -- Lots of talk about the bench for the tub but for now Mr. Tom is still showering alone (with me listening for any emergency)

Thanks for showing me the simplicity in change!

My husband has a shower chair....just in case he gets tired. It also has handles to help him climb into and out of the shower if he needs it. I got him to start using it for MY piece of mind....now he uses it all the time.:)

Thanks for all the good wishes! With this crap disease--any litttle thing that makes life a easier and normal for a little longer is a really good thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back