Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Al
City
Valley
Do any of your loved ones drink the jevity, and it taste alright? Bruce still drinks his ensure plus some, but they are changing him to jevity. I know how stubborn he is, and if the jevity taste bad, he would probably try to go buy the ensure..like we can afford 6 or 7 cans per day.

Joni,

My husband drinks it cold. I use room temperature cans to mix with water for the tube and give him cold Jevity to take orally, when he asks for it. He says it tastes OK, but he hated Ensure. I've tasted of it and...well...it's OK, but' it ain't chocolate milk! ;) You can always add milk, if the taste is too strong. My husband drinks coffee with Jevity (instead of cream).

When dad was still fighting using the PEG we used to use the Jevity like milk in things like milk shakes. His favorite was always peach pie. So, I made him a pie. We put it in the blender with vanilla ice cream and jevity. He said it was the best peach pie milk shake he'd ever had. Not sure how many he'd ever had but... I took it as a compliment. :)

That said, I'm not sure it really has much of a flavor other than what you mix with it.

It doesn't have a great taste but I am sure you could add to it to improve the taste. My mom just used it through her tube so the only taste she got from it was when she burped and she always made that yucky face.

Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back