Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
My dad will be coming over on Wednesday. He will stay with my husband so that I am able to just go do what I want to. The problem is, I'm at a loss as to what to do, besides get my hair cut. I've got the cash for that, anything else, I will have to charge. Oh, I might surprise my son for lunch at school, too.

We have a few stores here in our town that I can visit. I don't want to go far, in case my dad needs me.

My dad lives about an hour and a half to two hours away, so I so appreciate him doing this! I just want to make it count! I had thought of taking my son out of school and doing something with him, like going to a movie. But, I couldn't find one that started early enough so my dad could get back without facing awful Atlanta area traffic.

So, maybe a haircut, lunch at school and what? Just wandering around window shopping, wishing I could buy something?

Any suggestions?

(Oh, I WILL buy some french fries from Wendy's...and a Coke...maybe a Frosty! Simple pleasures! I'd also like a taco from Taco Bell and some really crispy fish from Captain D's! Nix all that, I'll just take the fries and coke!)

How about a picnic in the park if the weather is nice. Or maybe the aquarium?

... if you collect anything, rummaging around in a second hand or antiques shop is always nice to do by yourself, because when you go with friends, (especially guys) they don't find the same things interesting, and tend to sigh a lot..

When I had my first child, my mom came up to help, and the day before she was to leave, she insisted I go take a walk by myself, just in the neighborhood. She said it would be the last time I would have to myself for a very long time. I remember I thought it was kind of unnecessary, and left the house not wanting to. It was early autumn, the trees had changed practically overnight. They definitely turned during the time I was in the hospital, and as a transplanted Florida girl I was so amazed it could happen so fast...

Well, that child turned 35 this past Saturday (amazing when I'm barely a day over 40 lol) and I can STILL remember that walk, I remember what I wore, I remember the wind. I didn't go far, just down a few blocks and back again.

What I'm trying to say is it probably doesn't matter what you do, so long as you do it knowing its "for you" and that things for You do matter.

Last edited:
What ever you do just TREAT yourself to them All...who knows when they will let you out again.... Call a girlfriend to spend time with?...Rollerblade in the park?.......:), Second hand stores, antiques shops....hey Rose you bet me to that just now...LOL. What ever you do HAVE FUN! You deserve it!

OH! THANK Y'ALL! I forgot there is an old mill that has been turned into a flea market/antique mall in Monroe! I've not been there, as it's relatively new! YES! Plan is coming together now!

Whatever you do (and I'm not going to make any suggestions because for me it would be a day at the go cart track or the gun range :) I hope you have a good time

May I suggest a hot stone massage? I know it will feel wonderful and relax you at the same time. It also will feel great to have someone doing something for you! The walk sounds great too! Enjoy your time for you.

Food, antiques, mmmm.... massaaagggggeeee....
Truly a day you won't forget.
I hope the weather is beautiful too

Treat yourself, if you have to charge it you deserve it. You have the rest of your life to pay for it. You have worked your butt off and deserve to treat yourself. Get your nails done with your haircut, get a pedicure. Do something just for you. Buy a couple scented candles to also take a hot bath and relax when you get home. Put yourself first today. I am sure it's been a long time since you have. I am sure dad won't care about being in the traffic, or wait til the traffic is over after dinner.Let him help you, it might be what he needs. Enjoy!

I am with the massage CJ..lol have fun!

Great treat yourself you deserve it

Massage, manicure, pedicure. Oh how i wish .....

Whatever you decide to do tomorrow, I hope you enjoy some much needed time for yourself and relax! Enjoy!

Have a wonderful day, CJ!

Thanks all! I hate to say it, but my husband doesn't understand why my dad feels the need to come over and let me go somewhere.

Anyway, it's gonna happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back