Reason
CALS
Country
SGP
State
SG
City
SG
Hi, does anyone has any tips for reducing the amount of noise from the suction pump during suctioning? I tried to put towels under the pump, but there isn't much reduction in the noise level. Should I surround the pump with foam or would that hinder heat dissipation from the pump when in use?

Not sure what to tell you on that one. Do you know who the manufacturer is of the suction pump? If so, they may have a technical support email/phone number that you could call. I would be leery though of surrounding the pump with foam because it could be a fire hazard.

I had a really noisy one that I put on a piece of 2" foam and that made it a lot quieter. I wouldn't wrap it in foam though.

I will try to contact the local distributor for the pump. It didn't cross my mind because they had been rather unhelpful, but I'll try. :)

Barry, I tried to put foam underneath it, but it didn't helped as much as towels and was still as loud. I don't remember using something as thick as 2 inches. I will try again. Many thanks.

We are toying with the idea of putting it in its travel bag, when we need to suction at night to avoid disturbing the neighbours though. Will update again. Thanks both!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back