Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
I don't know where to post this, so I will post it here!

My husband has started getting up early. I mean REALy early. I can't "deal" with him and my son at the same time, so I get very frustrated. (5th grader getting ready for school and going to the bus stop on time!)

So, kid is off to school on the bus.

Cool, husband is better since his fall (I can leave him alone) and maybe I can go get my hair cut, then get the groceries we need that we didn't get, when he was driving erratically through Sams on an e-cart Friday.

Hair cut takes a while. Bigbox is a distraction in shopping experience, but I try to stay focused. I finally get the the goods loaded and my cell phone rings. It's the school nurse. He's been "punched?" in the abdomen by a kid swinging with his legs "on purpose."

So, I have to go up to the school. Sigh. I was there for an hour. I'm rushing back home and know that my husband will need my immediate attention! So, I try to take my seat belt off as I'm going down a hill/curve in our subdivision. The seat belt gets caught on the door handle and OPENS the DOOR...of an F250 Van! Good LORD! I'm falling and driving. That was idiotic! I could only imagine myself under the van!

Son defended himself. I was proud. Luckily, we have what seems to be a very excellent principal.

I, however, am an idiot!

Distracted yes, idiot no.

AL

CJ I agree with Al <g>. What next eh? Thinking of you and actually did chuckle (albeit inappropriately) at the image of you hanging out he door of the F250 and holding onto the steering wheel for dear life.
Laurel

OH CJ. You poor thing! I don't even know what to say. Glad the kiddo is ok. Glad YOU are ok! You didn't say,but I assume hubby is ok. Perhaps you have a new career as a stunt driver?

Not sure what to say other than ugggghhh! Hang in there girl! This crap (not what I'd really like to call it) sucks and I'm just now gettin' my feet wet so to speak!

Man oh man! So glad your day ended w/out serious injury. I agree w/ al- distracted yes idiot no.

Hugs!

Oh geez, what a day! Your not an idiot :)

CJ How scarey, for you and your poor son. Glad it all turned out ok in the end xx Ang

I am sorry but I did kind of laugh when I pictured you hanging out the door with your new hair cut blowing in the wind and you saying a few choice words. I am glad that you are okay and that your son defended himself.

Dana

You are not an idiot. You are an amazing wife and mother who cares tremendously for her family. Here's praying that today is a little more manageable. :p

I'm glad you didn't get crushed!. I fell out of a moving van--door opened all on its own and I went flying as ex hubby was pulling onto the freeway. Damn near dislocated my shoulder trying to stay INSIDE the van. Not fun. Ex was pissed at ME--like hello? I didn't open the door, you jerk, it opened itself! (ancient van with no seatbelts)

You poor thing--you're doing way too much with no help!

Can you just go back to bed and restart the day? I know you can't, but am hoping that tomorrow will be better, because it sounds like today sucked.

Yikes, methinks you're trying to do too much!

Sounds like something that I would do... glad the boy is ok, glad you're ok, and hopefully hubby was fine and you were just stressed. But I do think the image of you hanging out the door with your newly coiffed hair blowing in the wind brings a chuckle as well... as long as you're ok that is!

Gotta go with the group, Pretty funny to picture you doing that...:)

DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN

Jim

CJ,

You had the motherlode of days....now you should have some quiet ones...its the law of good vs bad....bad days reap good ones...even if they don't I like to think they do..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back