Jason's Dream

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
As Usual
City
On My Own
Just wanted to share what a great day we had yesterday.

Jason and I went out on a date. The hospice nurse aid helped me clean him up, dress him, and put him in his chair. (We gaave him pain meds before and after our date.) We then headed to the big city and went to a Chinese and Hibachi Buffet (his choice). I'd get his plate, then go get mine, then feed him with my left hand as I ate with my right hand. Then back we'd go again. Then we went to see Cowboys and Aliens (right up his alley). Several times during the movie he would look over and smile at me with that special twinkle in his eyes. <3 Once the movie was over, Jason wanted to hit Toys-R-Us to get more trains for our son and spoil both of our children. So a shopping we went. Since I was driving his chair, once we would find something, I'd run it up to the register, then back with him again to look for more stuff. Price was not an option. Just wanted Jason to get what he wanted for our children. Then back home and we got him back into his hospital bed, all for the unveiling of the "presents" to our children. They absolutely had a blast playing with thier toys, and Jason was grinning from ear to ear. He was on cloud nine, and told me Thank you, that he has had fun, and I Love You. Such a special time, just the two of us. Simply priceless. My heart is soo full and content. <3

Someone want to pass the tissues please!? Oh Becca...that sounds like just the best day EVER!

Soooo happy for you guys!

I'm smiling thru my tears. Hugs

I'm so glad you had a fun day together. It's those memories you'll hold on to, Becca. Keep those good memories fresh in the days to come. You're always in my thoughts, as is Jason. Hope you got some photos!

Don't do a movie spoiler, though--haven't seen that one yet!

Just wanted to share what a great day we had yesterday.

Jason and I went out on a date. The hospice nurse aid helped me clean him up, dress him, and put him in his chair. (We gaave him pain meds before and after our date.) We then headed to the big city and went to a Chinese and Hibachi Buffet (his choice). I'd get his plate, then go get mine, then feed him with my left hand as I ate with my right hand. Then back we'd go again. Then we went to see Cowboys and Aliens (right up his alley). Several times during the movie he would look over and smile at me with that special twinkle in his eyes. <3 Once the movie was over, Jason wanted to hit Toys-R-Us to get more trains for our son and spoil both of our children. So a shopping we went. Since I was driving his chair, once we would find something, I'd run it up to the register, then back with him again to look for more stuff. Price was not an option. Just wanted Jason to get what he wanted for our children. Then back home and we got him back into his hospital bed, all for the unveiling of the "presents" to our children. They absolutely had a blast playing with thier toys, and Jason was grinning from ear to ear. He was on cloud nine, and told me Thank you, that he has had fun, and I Love You. Such a special time, just the two of us. Simply priceless. My heart is soo full and content. <3

Should have told us we would tissues for this one:) My military moms and I call this a "tissue alert" post! You will treasure your date with Jason forever. The kids don't know it yet but they will too because you will tell them of the joy you both had shopping for them.

What a wonderful day! That sounds like more fun than any worldwide cruise or even a trip to Disneyland. My baby is off to college in a month. I took her dorm room shopping and said buy whatever you want. Also fun to watch the delight in her eyes as I nodded yes to every purchase!

This is what really living is all about..these moments of joy shared together....we are not living our diagnoses, we are living our precious lives!
Thank you so much for sharing your joy with us.

How beautiful! Hugs to you both!

Now that was a tear jerker! I am so happy for you both ~ all four of you, actually!

You guys just triggered a memory... The Christmas that fell between my mom's death and Glen's... I could not find my Christmas decorations anywhere. I was upset, frustrated, all those things. Then it hit me... I'd inherited a little money from Mom... Piled Glen, my son, son's girlfriend into the car and drove to Target and told them "pick out whatever you want!" We filled a basket with indoor and outdoor decorations, and I will always treasure the weird "Shark in a Hula Skirt" ornament Glen chose. I think it was his inner Jimmy BUffett fan coming out.

Oh Becca so glad. What a wonderful day. Treasure it forever and remind yourself of it often. Xx

Wow, tissues out. Needed to read a story of love, thanks so much.
Aly

Ok this shpould have had a cry warning..that just sounds like the perfect date, and I am sure a great memory:cry:

Very glad you both had had a pleasant date! I know you will treasure those moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back