Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
la
City
hornbeck
Some days are good and some days are really bad. Some days I can care for dad and I have all the compassion in the world. And there are other days like today and I don't want to be here, don't want to do it anymore. I have my parents living with me dad has ALS and I also have my mom's mom living with us too she has had a stroke. I know that my mom does alot more than I do. But sometimes I just don't want to be here, sometimes I want to be back at work, I want to be able to do things with my husband and kids. I want a different life, but this is the one I have been delt. One day at a time.

Yes one day at a time. You have a lot going on that's for sure.

I understand how you must be feeling. You are a great and loving daughter. You're allowed to be overwhelmed from time to time. You'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. It must be so hard at times Sweet Girl. Keep taking things a day or even a moment at a time like ccurths says. Keep breathing properly as shallow breaths make you feel anxious. Take good care of your own health. Make sure you have time for yourself without feeling guilty about it. You're very important you know.

Love to you.

I admire you for taking on the responsibilities that you have. You're right it has to be approached one day at a time. I remember caring for both my mom and day when they were dying --trying to work full time and still do a good job with them living with us. Sometimes I felt exactly the same as you. Sadly there is an end in sight, but it is exhausting. In today's world many wouldn't do what you are doing for your parents so you deserve many good things and many blessings to come. Thinking of you and sending a huge hug to you. Shout your frustration here any old time--it does help to say have you feel.
Laurel

Our prayers are going up for you for strenght, courage and peace. You are an awesome daughter!...Hold on and hang tight, One day at a time is all we can do. ((HUG))

You deserve to rant, you have so much going on. To be at your best for your loved ones, you need to look after yourself. Make sure you spoil yourself once and a while, spend special time with your husband and kids, that part of your life is just as important, I bet your dad would agree. He must be special to have bought up such an amazing daughter.

Sending hugs to you! I don't know how you do it. But, I wish you the best in everything.

Don't be afraid to live one hour @ a time. Hugs

Would it help if I told you that I know exactly how you feel? One day at a time is much easier said than done. So is taking care of yourself. It seems that I have no control over my life. Everything is rules by this monster disease. Hang in there and God Bless.
Janis

Thanks for the encouraging words. Had a much better day thus far. Got dad out to church our first outing in a while. It is very time consuming u clean dad dress him in something besides a hospital gown, get the lift to lift him out of bed and into wheelchair. Make sure everything is connected to the vent for the road. Got to church and had great church services. Returned home and dad actually wanted to stay in living room a little bit then to take him back to room use lift to get him in bed and undress him use lift again so he can go to bathroom, and then clean him and put him in the bed for a nap. whew.

Wow, that's a lot of work Sweet One! Thank you for being you. I'm honored to read your words.
God's blessings, protection and comfort on you and your family.

I too am glad you had a better day and had a good outing with your PAL. The folks here are always here to answer questions or just be ears when you need to vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back