Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
CA
State
Saskatchewan
City
Willow Bunch
I want to say thank you to all of you who kept me sane during Ric's illness.
Ric was an American citizen living in Canada. He was applying for a permanent residency when he became ill with ALS. We were caught between a rock and a hard place as he by then could not pass the medical. Therefore he had no medical insurance and was not elligible for residency. We lived with the threat of deportation over his head during the whole time as his temporary visa would expire in July. He passed away in May, I cared for him, worked as long as I could, paid the prescriptions and medical bills. Thank God I had a wonderful supportive doctor who made housecalls, a supportive family, and a community that cared for both of us during his illness. Prior to his illness he said his job was to spoil me rotten and he did. Suddenly I was responsible for him. For five short months I looked after his every need and I truly feel I would not have made it if it was not for the advice, ideas, love, kindness, and support I received from all of you. So I just wanted to come back and tell you that you are loved and appreciated. Thank you. Gail

I am pleased that you found us a support for you during your struggle.

This forum is a support for many, me included.

Keep well Gail

Peter

Gail you are special lady, so glad we are still in contact...when you aren't always working them 12 hour shifts...lol

Thank you Joni :)
I as well am happy we are in touch. Not a day goes by I don't think of you. Hope this finds you well and sending a big angel to watch over you and Bruce. Loads of love to you girl xoxo

Canadian immigration is a b**ch, huh? I tried when I was married to a Canadian and lived there for several months in a little town on the border of WA. Beautiful--but very very cold.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad the forum was able to help you through this difficult time.

Gail, thank you for coming back and sharing how this forum was of help. Thank you, again, for all you did for Rick. You made a world of difference for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back