Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
FL
City
Orlando
Krissy's brother and two of her sisters flew in from a thousand miles away. During the week they were here, they freed me from caregiver duties so I could tend to all the accumulated paperwork and putz around finding all the stuff I've lost in the house.

They washed, cleaned, tidied, cooked, re-arranged the house, toileted and fed Krissy and kept her very happy for a week.

The whole time they were here, nary a discouraging word was heard--just laughter and giggles.

It really made a big difference to my psyche, my health, and helped me sleep better.

They want to do it again in September.

Just thought I'd share my happiness, and wish you all some of it, too.

-- Mike

Thank you for sharing this. I'm so glad you had such an incredible week. You (& Krissy) deserve it. Hugs

Mike ,
That's wonderful news! So happy there was the sound of laughter.....:lol: ((hug))

Thank you for sharing this with us Mike! It was a great post to read first thing in the morning!

That is great Mike! Glad it was so uplifting.I would take them up on every time they wanted to visit..

That's the try meaning of family. That's great Mike!

Wow! That's fantastic! I wish this act of kindness could be replicating for all caregivers of pals! Blessings on those who took the load off you a little, and are will to come again!

Take them up on any offers!

Glad they were able and willing to help out to give you some time to yourself! Fantastic!

Woop! Woop! High fives on the sisters! Now i am jealous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back