Jason's Dream

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
As Usual
City
On My Own
Today was my birthday. A bit bittersweet. Jason was the first person to wish me a happy birthday (after it took me several times to figure out what he was trying to tell me.). My parents did a cookout and my sister came over. Jason had pooped, and again, his sisters decided to drop the ball and be MIA again. Thankful for my Dad and how he is willing to help me. Fed Jason and then myself,.. did the same with cake. Did the usual, change diapers, change baby's clothes, laundry, dishes.. etc. Just hard I guess, cause I just turned 32, and if I get to thinking about my life, .. it hurts. I just signed my sweetheart into hospice last week. I am about to be a widow at the ripe "old" age of 32 and a single mom to 2 young children. At times, there is no help and I am soo wore out and tired at times... and no relief to do anything for myself. I feel like I get up and walk like an old woman these days.

Just hard.. and even with all the people around me.. at times, I couldn't feel more alone.

I want to wish you a happy birthday! Please don't feel so alone. I understand that you are worn out. I am sending you a great big Tennessee Hug and Kiss! I am praying for you and your sweet family. God the Father is with you every day, and He sends His love to you through everyone who speaks to you here. You are most loved and very brave. Kissessssssssssssssssssss, Kaye

Happy birthday! We understand how alone you feel! Hang in there!

Birthday wishes for you Sweet Lady. Wish I could help.
Love,
Marta

Happy birthday love and hugs xxxAng

Sorry that your birthday present was a gift of the world - to carry on your shoulders.

You are incredibly courageous to go on with the show and put on a brave face. I think that most people would have curled up into a ball and hid in a corner.

Think how incredibly lucky and grateful your family is that you were born. I'm sure that your birth was the greatest gift for so many people.

You are a true hero. I wish you could have been presented with a congressional medal of honor for your birthday.

Happy Birthday

Last edited:
Happy Belated Birthday Greetings!

Thank you for all you do for Jason! You are surely his angel!

Happy Birthday...Sending you hugs and love as you battle on. And, I am sorry the work was left to you as usual!
Ann

Happy Belated birthday wishes. You do sound exhausted. I'm beginning to feel the same way.....hope you find some strength today.

Happy birthday,my prayers are with you.------------Hugs Ken

Happy Birthday. So many thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sorry your birthday wasn't better, but we celebrate birthday weeks in my house, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK!

You're right, 32 is way too young to be in your situation, but enjoy those little babies, and take it one day at a time. It does go by fast, and with your additional responsibilities you have to remember to take time for yourself, so you'll be a better Mom to them. And a happier person for yourself and family. See if hubby's dad can come over and stay for a little bit so you can go out and either go get an ice cream sundae for yourself, or take the kids to the park, etc.

Happy Birthday! I understand your pain on what should be a wonderful day! My last birthday was spent with my husband in the hospital. No cake, no gift, just a few well wishes from family. And sorry to say, but nonsense to all these people who say try to do something for yourself. The words sound great, but reality is such a witch and it is so hard to find any time for yourself and when you do try to take a little time off, you feel guilty. You can comfort yourself by knowing that you are doing all that you can possibly do to make your husband's time as comfortable as possible. My wish is that you know that you are not alone in this struggle. Others have the same emotional and physical issues. You are coping the best that you can in an impossible situation. Hoping you found a good memory/peace somewhere today that will bring you a smile one day. May you have many more birthday celebrations filled with good times. You are truly a remarkable person!
Janis

I hesitate to say this, but you are, in a way, fortunate to be only 32.

My wife's progression is rapid and I expect she'll die before Christmas. I've never had a day without a good woman by my side, so what will I do at 56?

I find that remembering the good times is a good thing, as long as I don't think of how I'm losing my wife.
As a caregiver, the present dominates my thoughts all day every day.
But I must plan for the future of my kids and me.

Don't be afraid to be selfish. Probably your husband wants to see you get some rest.

I hesitate to say this, but you are, in a way, fortunate to be only 32.

My wife's progression is rapid and I expect she'll die before Christmas. I've never had a day without a good woman by my side, so what will I do at 56?

I find that remembering the good times is a good thing, as long as I don't think of how I'm losing my wife.
As a caregiver, the present dominates my thoughts all day every day.
But I must plan for the future of my kids and me.

Don't be afraid to be selfish. Probably your husband wants to see you get some rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back