Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
What am I going to do? He just won't stop.

He thinks he can do yard work! Dig with a shovel!?! Pull weeds?! W:-xTH?

Down he goes! Head slam! elbow, knee, TOES slam! Major head slam!

He says he's OK. He was more worried about his toes! Soaked them in bleach and water per his request!

He has a big bump on his head and I stopped the bleeding. Cleaned and bandaged it. Sigh...

He just can't accept that he can't do certain things! He won't listen to me!:-x

Gosh CJ, so sorry. I don't think I would be any different from your Hubby. It's hard to accept change and new limitations. Accepting them, is accepting all that comes in the future........so darn hard.

Thank you, but I've been dealing with this for quite a while.

There is no easy answer to this. Pray that he stays safe and sees reason soon. He will work until he can't and that day will come and it will be very sad. Instead of being mad, be glad that he is looking for things to find joy or some sense of "normal" in. Maybe he could find a safer hobby or activity, but it sounds like he wants to use what he has while he has it. I know it is scary, but to him it is worth it. Not that that makes anything easier for you.

CJ, about 18 months before my husband was diagnosed, a good friend of ours from childhood was diagnosed with ALS. Injuries he sustained from a fall literally killed him. Because of that, my husband has always respected the saying - falls are not your friend.Last week, another friend died from the rapid onset of respiratory distress a head injury caused - 5 days. He was fine on day one, but started having some trouble breathing on day two after the fall.

Tell Daddy-0 about other cases of PALS that have literally killed themselves with falls. If it sinks in - great! If not, there is nothing you can do. You have done your best. There is only so much babysitting we can do, and then it is out of our hands. I feel your pain!

Thoughts are with you...

You and he know about Les. If he had been alone when he fell, he would have bled out and died. As it was, he thought he WAS going to die. He finally learned his lesson, and will do nothing without assistance from me. It may take a near death experience for him to learn too. I hope not. Good luck! HUGS Lori

CJ I can only imagine what your stress level must be! But I have this deep admiration for your husband--how he just won't give up and give in --even though some of it may be impaired judgment he sure has a fighting spirit. So scary and difficult for you though. A big hug to you.
Laurel

My dad was the same way. They don't want to lose there independence the doctors in Houston didn't want him doing anything that could cause a fall, they said it brought symptoms of the disease even more. Saying a prayer for you and your family.

i know how you are feeling ... hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back