Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
US
State
NC
City
Wake Forest
Phil began running a low grade temp Sunday night, his breathing changed to labored and his O2 stats began to go down. Earlier that night he was alert and showing his great personality in conversation. His speech deteriorated completely (from mostly only me being able to understand him to no one understanding him) about 10 days ago now. He woke up more than normal in the very early Monday hours but after daybreak has been asleep except for a few seconds at a time. Hospice began oxygen yesterday afternoon along with morphine every 4 hours to help the breathing.

I know I don't have to tell anyone here how unbearable this pain is. I am not ready to let him go but at the same time I hate seeing him live without the means to communicate clearly. He was having trouble using the communication board and with the FTD would not have been able to use the technical options.

I absolutely hate ALS!

Stephanie

I am so sorry. Hugs to you.

Stephanie my prayers are with you and Phil. Such a sad and difficult time for you, but we are standing there with you.
Laurel

Many hugs to you and Phil. Dont ever doubt how strong you are, even when at your worst. You have been more than awesome in seeing him through this battle. Will keep the two of you in my thoughts.
Best wishes.

I'm so sorry, Stephanie. I'm glad they are keeping him comfortable. My prayers are with you both in this time.

So sorry to hear about this Stephanie.

Wishing you and Phil peace.

I've read a lot of your posts. I'm so sorry you're going through this now. I'm sorry any of us are. I agree with your sentiments about ALS. I hate it too!

Stephanie, I'm so sorry. I know how hard these days are... please try to grab some rest for yourself when you can.

Stephanie, I've also been following your journey and am sorry for your losses. My prayers are with you and Phil especially now.
Hugs,
Ann

So sorry Stephanie. Thinking of you.

So sorry to read this. I've read many of your posts; you've been amazing. I will keep you in my thoughts.

- S

Stephanie, I too have read and found many of your posts helpful. My thoughts are with you and Phil through this time. I too hate ALS.

Dear Stephanie, My prayers are with you and Phil. You are truly an amazing women! May Peace surround you.
Diane

Dear Stephanie My thoughts and prayers are with you and Phil. Would that I could take your pain away. Love and light being sent to you both.

I am sorry to hear your news, You both are in my prayers. I absolutely hate this disaese as well. I am giving you a big hug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back