Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lafayette Hill
It's been 3 years since I joined this forum- in some ways it seems like yesterday, in others it seems like an eternity. I didn't post for almost a year- too busy reading, learning, gathering info.

Back then, I wondered how long I'd be here- the initial focus on "the terminal" part of the disease. I learned that is a human reaction- that fear does that to you.

But I also learned that you do have control over that fear, that focus. You can choose to
focus on what you have, and not what you don't have. You can choose to find something meaningful or fun or positive everyday. It isn't always easy; somedays it is really hard, and at the end of the day, sometimes what you are most grateful for is that the day is done!

I always wondered why CALS didn't post more- now I know! Besides having more to do, I feel as though others are dealing with so much more than I am at this time.
My heart goes out to all of you; we may each have a different set of circumstances, but the general picture is the same. That is our common bond- the "I get it factor".

So if I am not here as often as before, just know that I may be out of sight but all of you are not out of mind. I remember everyone in prayer everyday, and wish for peace for all of us. I love you all!

Thank you, Mare! We do "get it."

And I don't think one situation can be compared to another. We each have pALS with different symptoms. Do not belittle your situation as compared to others.

Stay brave and hang in there! We love you!

Love you back Marianne! Thanks for being here.

Glad to celebrate knowing you these past 3 years, Mare!

Glad to have known you this long. Sorry for the reason for our meeting. Will always keep "checking up" on you. (((((hugs)))) my friend.

Glad to have had you here this long.

AL.

Here is hoping you have many more unwanted anniversaries.

ALS is certainly not a disease that just belongs to the PAL--it affects everyone that loves them. CALS deserve a special place in heaven for all they do to care for their PAL.

Sometimes, when I read stories here, I think in many ways ALS is in a way harder for those left to care for them. I've seen people feel guilty for their emotions, feeling at a loss to help--it's a scary place to be.

While I'm not a CAL with a loved one--I helped take care of my terminally ill father before he passed away. I think he felt worse for us than he did for himself.

My prayer for any CAL and PAL is to not feel as if they have to justify how they feel. My best wishes

Thanks for the message, Mare. I love the end of the day and sometimes feel bad, like I am "wishing the time away". But when everyone is in bed and resting, it makes me feel like I have accomplished yet another day of good caring! Thinking of you daily!

Hi Mare

Your post made me cry! You and all are always in my prayers. I check in as much as time allows. Working full time now! Ugh!

Coming up on two years next week without him by my side. Still hurts, I still cry and know for sure that someday "when it is my time" I

will get to see him again! Oh what a day!

Stay strong and know that you have us all to lean on.

Love,
Patty

Thanks everyone! And yes Richard, I want many more anniversaries!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back