Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Crowley
My husband and I were talking about trying to go on a vacation. He wanted to do something "BIG" while he still can. We never really did a get a honeymoon, so he was thinking a cruise. Sounds great to me. I was wondering if anyone has done this with all of the stuff we are going to have to take. I have done some looking online at Disney, Carnival and Princess Cruise lines. Looks like it might work, but I was wondering what the handicapped accessabilty really is. I know I could call to "find out" but isn't their job to sell the ship? Any hints or suggestions would help greatly.

Look at Royal Carribean. We went on one of their new ships last May and booked a handicapped accessible balcony room and it was great. Big cabin with roll-in shower and a double balcony. Check in was through a different entrance and easier. The crew was helpful. Only problem was disembark. They forgot to send us to the exit for handicapped accessibility and we got stuck in the mass exit. A crew member finally helped us get out of that line and off the ship. Some of the ports were not accessible, but overall it was a great experience. Took the son, daughter in law and the eleven year old granddaughter. We booked for the activities available for her and she had a great time.
Also, I would talk with the cruise line directly about the cabin, the size, the booking and the rate. We looked at the internet prices and then talked to a rep from the cruise line to make sure that we getting the right cabin, etc. They were great to work with. We have also cruised Princess, NCL and Carnival before my husband got sick. Royal Carribean, Princess and NCL were better ships for our age group(oldsters). Carnival was our first cruise and it was a fun ship with lots of activities for the younger set.
Plan, go and enjoy every minute while you still can do it.
Janis
Another hint is to sign up for on line notices from the cruise lines and you might get some deals. We get a weekly e-mail from Princess with special offers.

Thanks! I will look in to them, thats a BIG BIG help. Even tho we are in out 30's we feel like the "oldsters". Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back