Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Crowley
Wow! The nerve of some people. My hubby thought he was feeling up to going out! (Thank Goodness, another hour inside would have drove me batty) Well I get him all ready to go and we were so excited. First time we had been out together (other then doctors and ER visits, since December) We felt like 2 kids on their first date. We get to the place we wanted to eat at, and there was NO handicapped parking open.. well I pulled right up and started getting the wheelchair out and getting him locked and loaded. As I am getting him in the chair this group of kids come out and slammed right into me (texting on their phone I assume) and didn't even say excuse me. We almost missed the chair. So in the sweetest voice I could muster said "Hey, try to be more careful please." Well they thought that was really funny. Well they walked over to a car parked in a HANDICAPPED spot. I was so livid. My husband was secure in his chair, I walked up behind the teens car, and sat on the trunk. Well they got really mad and was blowing the horn. I pulled out my cell phone and called a very good friend of mine, who happens to be on the police force and asked if he was on duty. He was and he was on the way. He was there in about 7 min. He gave the teens a hefty ticket and me a lecture about safty and how I could have been ticketed for something or other. But then he said to me, "you got guts kid". My husband just was sitting there the whole time with a beaming smile (about this time we had a gathering of rubber neckers) and they were talking about the "lady on the trunk". My husband in his loudest voice, wheeled around and said, "Hey yall, what are you looking at? Haven't you ever seen a crazy lady befor?" When we did get to go in and sit down to eat, we noticed people were looking at us. My husband wispered to me "Hey sweetheart, they are all looking over here, think they are looking at me." I said "Nope, they are wondering if they put their handicapped tag up." Great meal, great service (would you cross the crazy trunk lady?)... and it was all on the house. The managers wife is in a wheelchair and he thought it took some nerve to stand up and fight back. I think it was the best date we have ever had. Watch out Handicapped spot takers, we are on the move.. and we will be watching. :p LOL!

Awesome! Good for you!

I am so proud of you! that is an amazing thing you did and in doing that you stood up for all disabled people!

I have written notes and stuck them under people's windshield wippers before because they didn't have a permit but I have never confronted one of them in person. People who do this really iritate me, I can't even tell you in words how much they do. I somtimes park in these spaces when I am driving my dad or grandmother around but I Always make sure the permit is visable and I would never think about doing it if they wern't in the car.

So many kids these days figure they have intitlement issues, that if they can reach out and take it they are better than the next person. I just want to grab them by the ears and teach them some manners. I am only 33 but I still hold doors open for people and refer to men as 'sir' and women as 'mam' and say please and thank you.

Maybe these kids getting that ticket will teach them a lesson!

Love, love, love this! Good for you and I love your husband's sense of humor! Three cheers for crazy trunk lady!

truly inspiring. you did what we all "think" of doing and that manager was right, that took guts and a little balls too.

:) Im glad you guys approve! I would do it again in a heartbeat! :)

Two thumbs up Pandora.

you have just cheered me up no end good for you, proud of you both xxx Ang

Wow! You're my hero Pandora! Kudos to you!

you have just cheered me up no end, proud of you both xxx Ang

Proud of you Pandora. Best I've done is in a loud voice said Thanks a lot A**hole for taking that spot. You did much better.

AL.

Oh GOOD FOR YOU! Love to hear the kid trying to explain to the parental units the HUGE ticket!

Way to go Pandora! I loved the story and the guts you displayed. You are a hero and deserve a medal. Also, loved that your husband was beaming and was so proud of you.
Laurel

What a brave lady! You're receiving cheers from around the world right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back