Diagnosis
11/2010
Country
CA
State
On
City
Perth, Ontario
Well I have to say that Easter went well for us in general.

On Saturday we had dinner at my mother's family which isn't too hard to get to only 5 minutes from our house and 2 stairs for my dad to have to navigate. Dad finds it easier to sit on his walker than to get into a dining room chair and he is still feeing himself but his portions have shrunk.
My mom's family has been greatly supportive and see my father at least monthy and have seen his condition progress.

On sunday we went to visit my father's family whom we havn't seen since christmas or before. To be frank they were shocked seeing him. He has lost a lot of weiight and needs help getting into the house. We can only visit them in the snow free months because dad can only get in a certain door of their house. Dad's family lives over an hour away and have health problems rangeing from cancer to parkinsons's disease. They havn't been able to help much since dad's diagnosis.

Then on monday we went to vote, if you didn't know Canada is having an election and we decided to go to the advanced voteing poles. This was easier for us because where we normally vote dad would have to walk a lot more.

We in the end had a great easter but found the weekend exhausting. I knoe it will take dad a few days to recover but he was insistant on going and seeing everyone.

How did everyone else deal with the easter weekend?

Glad that you were able to get your dad out and about and that you went to vote. I spent the weekend on my bed because my wife was working and there was no one to take me out. We tried to go vote yesterday but I had a fall on the way to my power chair so I went back to bed with a headache.

i had a good easter. my son took me to visit mom n dad. had fun cing kids look for eggs. had several cascarones broken on my head. cascarones r egg shells fill with confetti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back