Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
US
State
MA
City
western
let me preface with I've done research on vans but i have a couple questions I need sorted asap because I'm supposed to put down a deposit tomorrow.

The van we are going to purchase pretty much has power everything, side entry, removable front passenger seat but the van doesn't "kneel". How important/useful is this feature? The salesman(excuse me, mobility consultant) spoke about how essential it was to have the kneel feature(that was when he was showing us a van way outside our budget). that's my main question.

we don't have my husband's pwc - he needed one asap Nov 11th and it is in the works but we do have a similar loaner.

other than tie downs, got those covered , is there anything that is essential that I shouldn't overlook. My husband has kinda "checked-out" on helping with purchases/decisions since he figures he won't be around to have to deal with the finances.

I'm not overspending but I want my husband to have what he needs to get out and not be stuck here all the time.

Hi!
We purchased a new van last may. It does "kneel". However, more than a few times I have deployed the ramp without having the "kneel" feature on, usually because it is not needed when deploying on a curb (and I forgot to change the setting). Ramp comes out and lands loudly on the ground. It doesn't break, or in any way harm the process. The only problem is the incline can be a little steep. In certain instances this can be uncomfortable navigating a steep incline, we simply took him off power and I manually manuevered his chair up or down a ramp. I don't think the "kneel" feature is essential. In fact, I didn't realize the ramp van could be had without it. To do it over, if I could save money, I wouldn't get the "kneel" feature. If you ask me, it's just one more thing to break or fall apart. Less is best, as long as it works for you! Good luck:grin:

As for the "kneeling" feature, ours broke soon after we got the van (it was pre-owned). I never got it fixed and we never missed it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back