Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Columbus
My mom and dad went to FL for 2 weeks (had a gut feeling that this trip wasn't going to end well). Mom just texted me that dad couldn't catch his breath. The had to pull over on the side of the road and call 911. He's on O2 in the ER right now... no vent (he won't allow it). They're going to do a CAT scan of his lungs - I'm guessing that they're going to say he's got pneumonia.

Words of wisdom are VERY welcome at this point.

Jenn, I am sorry to hear that your dad is not doing well. I will keep him in my prayers today that he pulls though it.

Keep us posted. Any updates? Why oxygen?

Lots of love to you guys

unfortunately i have no words of wisdom for you. i apologize.
i really hope your dad pulls through this ok.
Hang in there.

If he has pneumonia, the oxygen is for comfort. Have your parents discussed if they want pneumonia treated? Wish I could find something positive but you'd know I was making it up.. pneumonia is very serious. Keep us posted.

Jenn, you're all in my prayers; I hope he pulls through.

Jenn,

No words of wisdom from me either - other than just be there for him.... and I know you and your mom always have been. I know the feeling of wondering if it's the beginning of the end - it's unnerving. Please keep us posted.

Where are they?

Sandy

Jenn, sorry I'm not too wise but I am thinking of you and your family and hoping for the best.

A regular x-ray should show pneumonia. If he has it O2 is ok. Does he use a Bipap usually? He may need to use it during the day for short periods.

AL.

Dear Jenn,
I hope he gets seen by a neurologist who knows about ALS.
The Bipap would really help him. Praying for your family.
Pat

Hope things are going ok. Youre in my thoughts.

Prayers are with you at this difficult time

How are things today? I'm thinking of you and your family. It is a horrible experience to be ill like that when you are away from home.

Prayers of peace and comfort for you and your family. Praying for a fast recovery.

Sadly, Jenn's father is written up in the "In Memorium" area, as he did pass away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back