Diagnosis
01/2006
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Tampa
Hello everyone..We all seem to be in the same boat at diffrent stages..What happend to our happy normal life...I just cant believe how hard life has come to be for my pals and I..It's just too sad..then i wonder how much more can we take..he cant eat, talk,hug,move his hands arms or legs ..i use to try to go on about the things he can do..but that list has gotten so small..i dont really know what point im trying to make right now..i guess im just thinking..we would love to have our "Life" back..but i know thats not going to happen..We just spent 6 weeks at the hospial..i say we because my husband just about doesnt want me to leave his side (anyone else out there like that?) which i dont want to leave for long anyway. I seem to just be rambling. so i'll sign off for now...

I know what you mean about your husband wanting you at his side 24/7. Mine is the same way. It is absolutely exhausting. We have people that would step in and give me a break. No. He will not have it. He will let the CNA help, though. So, I am desperately trying to find more help.

Oh Jeanie i am so sorry! My husband has not progressed that far yet.. I would give anything to go back to a normal life. I try not to think to far ahead or I just bust out crying. I hate this stupid disease and what it does to our loved ones!

I totally understand about what you mean about not leaving your hubby's side. However, I find that if I do not get out a little each week..to have some sanity time...I am just not a good caregiver. I try to walk outside everyday (although it has been freezing). When the hospice workers come in...I also try to get out. I am 4 years in.....think I want our life back all the time. I think I am in numb mode now.....realizing we have to celebrate our "new" life together. Hang tough...it is not an easy road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back