Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Al
City
Valley
Ok so my husbands friend and wife came to visit from California this weekend, plans were made in advance for them to stay with friends close to us, since my son and his family have moved in with us. Longtime friends of my husbands all met at the friends house for refreshments, and to just get together. I went a little later as to give him some alone time with his friends. Ok I go and there sits his exwife. Can you say awkward! She supossedly came to see there old friend. Then the whole gang started talking about old times, which were when he was married to her. Needless to say I had a miserable time, and he can't understand why! Do I sound selfish or what.

i would feel the same , even if it was not on purpose but remember , you got him now

That is a problem with second marriages. There is baggage and a past that can't be ignored. Sorry if that sounds insensitive but can you really expect that not to happen?

Just forget about it. Would he rather have you or his ex taking care of him? It's infuriating isn't it?

I get along better with my ex now than when we were married.I also like his wife now .we get along great.we email each other. It was abit awkward when our son died he was hugging me & Larry wasn't to thrilled with that but I told him I am married to you now.Funny how things change in life. I'm sure it was not an enjoyable evening for you. some people don't know when things said aren't the right time to be said.God Bless.
Sharon

very true , joel but there was a reason the other marriage didnt work out , the only baggage that is carried is hurt and the kids but , they are the baggage we love and fight over

I knew he had children, we get along fine. I actually have nothing against his ex, but her and the other wives just always have that Click, and even though I have tried...the other wives have never really tried to be friends with me. I just felt out of place. This is not the first time she has butted in. For Thanksgiving she sent a big dish of dressing for Bruce,"because he has always liked hers supposedly" to my family gathering. I grinned and ate it. Needless to say she is always posting on his facebook too. Just sometimes too much! Sorry I sound mean...lol

Well I just had to pull up my big girl panties and deal with it. Sometimes it is so hard to do though...lol

I love that saying Joni i.e. pull up my big girl panties. It makes me laugh out loud and get the giggles. You go girl.
Laurel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back