Diagnosis
02/2010
Country
UK
State
northants
City
northamptonshire
hi my name is jodie i am 25 and live with my husband who was diagnosed with mnd in february 2010 we have two young children kia 3 years and alfie 1 year! my husband started having problems march 2009 and took until feb of this year to diagnose him at the moment it affects his arms he had to give up work in dec last year and i have been his carer since then. it is hard juggling everything especially with two young children we are currently selling our house so we can move nearer family for more support and help. i would love to talk to any else in a similar situation.

I am so sorry you are going through this. It is hard enough with children 16 and 18. I cannot imagine how you have handled everything on your own with children so young. I am so glad for you that you will be near family and friends. Take all of the support you can get. This is definitely not an illness you can quietly handle on your own.

Bless you and your family during this holiday time.

hi jodie & hubby, i also was diag officially june this year, am 45 my wife is 38 and we have 5, 6 & 8 yr old girls and would love to keep touch. so far my girls are really good about everything and accept my limitations. but i havent told them yet i likely have less than 6 months to go and this is my last christmas - still working out how to do that well after christmas. i stay positive, cuddle them a lot, we go for wheelchair rides and have as much fun as possible - mostly at my expense [dont mention the makeup / dressup night - i looked like lindsay lohan in one of her trashy morning after pics!]
i am sure leanne my wife would like a shoulder, as do you, as we are also in the midst of selling our house to be nearer family / helpers 2000km from where we are now.
feel free to personal message us and i will reply with our email and skype number eh.
take care and keep smiling - look at your kids if you forget how to smile!
tony, leanne, brooklyn, lohani & maddie

Sending y'all hugs! Out of words of encouragement this evening...except to say hang in there!

thanks for the support n tony i am so sorry 2 hear your situation it i so hard 2 deal wiv n come 2 terms wiv. i find it a stuggle especially juggling everyting n looking after 2 young kids. at the moment its just his arms that have been affected n they r very pleased that it seems 2 b very slowly progressing! we just take each day as it comes n face new tasks as they come along its so nice 2 have a site on here that you can talk 2 people in the same situation x

Jodie,

I am 35, hubby is 37 and we have 2 girls ages 3 & 5. Would love to KIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back