Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Al
City
Valley
My husband says he feels some pain in his legs and different parts of his body, kind of like a toothache, is this normal. Also he tires very easily. As we are only into this a few months, is there something to help with these two? He has never been a late night person, but now most nights he is in the bed between 8 and 9. I just want to help him, and should he be on something besides a multivitamin?:-(

Joni, I am sorry to say I don't remember if your husband's first symptoms were in his legs. Mine were, and I had a couple of types of pain early on. The worst was gone before I was diagnosed. Anyway, as we walk more oddly in order to get from A to Z without falling, we're using muscles and methods not made to do that work. As the muscles atrophy, others try to pick up the jobs of their neighbors. Added to that is the joints being pulled oddly. So, the answer is yes... he's normal according to my personal experience. I normally take a Celebrex with breakfast daily, but stop now after a few days and use Tylenol. I take Tylenol around 8 pm to help night time pain. And it's 6:30 here, and I've been put into bed. I always try to be on my way by 7, but am fortunate tonight to have eaten early. Some people's fatigue is much worse than my own, but Joni, it's crept up over time for me. It was better when I first got a wheel chair, then gradually became more of an issue. Others have less fatigue. It varies greatly just like so many things associated with this.

I hope your husband's pain settles down, but try the over the counter stuff on him to see if that helps.

Ann his started with the bulbar, swallowing, and slurred speech. He was outside running and throwing football to the grandkids today. His walking is still fine at this point. i have heard of celebrex, but am not sure what it is for. I will maybe get him something over the counter and see if it helps. I hope you had a good thanksgiving. We had nine of the grands here, and we have the new puppy plus our other dog...very chaotic.

Oh--good that he was so active! It sounds like overload on his legs. Celebrex is not worth the $$ they charge, but Ibuprofen causes stomach bleeding for me--otherwise, I'd use it. Same family of painkillers/anti-inflammatory drugs. I think I gave you way too much information! I hope the grandkids and the doggies find him able to run around some more with them tomorrow! Have a good night!

Sounds like fatigue from over-doing is a definite possibility. Also, especially since it's bulbar onset, has his breathing been evaluated? He may well benefit from using a bipap at night at the very least if he isn't already. If he is using it and his fatigue is increasing, he may need to have his settings adjusted.

Katie, his breathing blowing out was 95, when he had to suck in, it was in the 40's. We go to the dr next week, surely he will have suggestions.

Ask the doc about prescribing a BiPap. When my husband uses his at night he always has more energy the next day. This was prescribed before he had breathing problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back