Reason
Friend was DX
Country
US
State
OK
City
Oklahoma City
Today I think that Janet may have had her first bout of uncontrollable crying. Since she has been here she has cried, but was for understandable reasons. What happened today was John was getting ready to go to class and when he was getting ready to leave she started crying and told him that she didn't want him to go. He stayed home, but when he asked what was wrong she said that she didn't know why she was crying and she was sorry. Now, there could be an actual reason that she didn't want him to go, but she didn't want to say also. Not really sure what to think.

Not really sure how to handle these situations. If they start to occur more often I know we will need to talk to the doctor about it as there are medications that help with this.

Also, I am wondering, from a PALS point of view, how does this make you feel when this happens and how did it make you feel the first time it happened?

It is embarrassing and not something you can control without medication. Emotional Lability is likely the most misunderstood condition of ALS.

Thank you Joel. I can only imagine it would be unsettling.

My PALS has bouts of crying quite frequently. He does it at appropriate times, say when something emotional happens, but he wouldnt normally cry that easily.
He doesnt seem to mind it- but i think this may be because of the attention i give him when he does it. I know he doesnt mean to cry, but i cant stop myself from consoleing him when he does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back