Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Guelph
I was hit hard this week. I lost two good friends three days apart that were fighting cancer. It really hit home that I'm going to loose Danny. My common law spouse was diagnosed in May of this year with familial A.L.S and has lost the use of both his legs, and now his left hand and arm are showing the loss of muscle as well. We are now looking into having to move into an appartment so he can shower and use the bathroom. We are in a small two story semi and the stairs are no longer possible. My daughter wants to stay in the same school, but with two small dogs our choices for appartments are really limited. It just feels like I'm fighting for everything and getting nowhere.:-(

HUGS to you. ALS SUCKS!

For some reason, this was a difficult week for me, too. My thoughts are with you. Thank heavens for this forum. I would be lost without it.

Dear Thistlegal, Sorry to hear about your tough week. Your beloved is very lucky to have you, but it is still a great challenge, esp when the losses come so close together. Best wishes and prayers for you...I'm sure you will make the best decisions you are able to, hang in there.

It IS hard and I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all this at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back