Not open for further replies.

mytwoboys

Country
US
State
OH
City
Canal Winchester
He took a major turn for the worse a week ago today. We are day-to-day now. He has refused food and water since last Tuesday. I sat with him for a few hours today (and as much as I could since last Sunday) - he is sleeping/out-of-it most of the time. When he is awake, his breathing is somewhat labored, but very shallow and faint - and regular - when sleeping. I wish I could be there round-the-clock, but the boys need me home too - we have no family within a 3-hour drive. I feel sad, numb, scared, lost..... To top it off, my sister is upset we won't be coming to her house for Thanksgiving. I had absolutely no response when she copped an attitude with me. She seems completely oblivious to what is going on here. I'm not sure I can ever go to her house for anything after her comments.

I thank all of you for the kind words and support the few times I have posted. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Sandy

Sandy, oh, that is so hard. Folks just don't get it, whereas it seems so obvious. I am praying for you as you sit with your husband. I'm sure many others will also. My heart breaks for you.

Sandy my prayers are with you. Relatives can be so dense at times. I know you are angry with her, but just call her and tell her you need her as this is the worst time of your life. You do need as much love and support that you can muster around you. It would be nice if people would clue in without being told, but sometimes you have to be blunt before they get it.
Laurel

Sandy- Love and hugs to you my dear. Sending all the love that i can. Im sorry youre sister isnt being supportive. It doesnt make anything easier. You and your husband are in my prayers.

I'm so sorry Sandy. Wish I had more to offer. Be strong, forgive those callous family members, they don't understand, they never will. Just do what you need to do, for yourself, your boys and your husband. For now, the rest of the world can wait.

Dick

I think we have all experienced the callous, insensitive family member. We have several. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you and your husband take this final lap.

Dear Sandy,you and your family are in my prayers. I also pray your sister
comes to realize what a struggle you are going through.You are not alone.
blessings, Pat

Sandy, I am so sorry for the lack of help that you need right now. I pray God will comfort you all during this time and that you are able to be with your husband as much as possible. I pray that your husband is comfortable and without fear or pain.

Sandy, my thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this part of the journey. My father, who has ALS, lives 1/2 way across the world from me, so chances are I will not be there for that final lap, but we try to visit him as much as possible (actually, we're here w/ him right now for Tgiving break). Know that your husband has had you there w/ him throughout, and is aware of the boys' need for you as well. Perhaps in time you will be able to forgive your sister for her hurtful actions, and for her lack of support and understanding, but please try not to let her discourage you any further at this very vulnerable time.

Sandy, you are doing the best you can! Forget about your sister (until she walks in your shoes, she won't understand) and do what you need to get through this. My thoughts are with you...

Sandy,
Gosh she is being a jerk(in Plain Words), she should be offering any kind of support and love she can give at this time. You are doing everything humanly possible, and should supported any and every way. I cannot believe how anybody can be so insensitive, please take a virtual hug from the forum, take care of your boys, and please do not let your sister cause anymore stress.

Oh Sandy I'm so sorry. Wish we were closer, and could provide some real help. My family idiot is actually Glen's brother, who hasn't spoken to me since two days before Glen died ... no great loss but annoying.

Hang in there.. this is a tough time, and nothing I can say will change that, but do know we all care. A lot. And we get it.

Sandy- Prayers for you & your family. Be with your husband, then your boys; as Dick says, the rest can wait.

Sandy,
I am so sorry to hear this. To me it seems that some of those who are closest to us and should "get it" most get it the least!

So sorry, Sandy. We just say stupid people suck! and let them suck alone.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back