Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
NY
City
Massapequa
When Mom was first diagnosed, we all hoped that this disease would progress slowly, and that she would live for many years with it. About 18 months in, Mom knew this was not going to be the case. She was sad, but she was so brave and tried so hard to be accepting of whatever God had in store for her. After she passed away 2 weeks ago, my sisters and I were told by her caregiver that Mom had pre-recorded voice messages to each one of her 3 daughters and her 5 grandchildren, and dictated a special letter to each of us that her friend typed for her. The voice messages were recorded in these greeting cards that she ordered on line, and on the face of each card is a picture of her with each of us individually. Now I know why she was so intent several months ago on getting a picture of herself with each one of us!... Let me tell you, these voice cards and letters that we have are so, so comforting to all of us. To be able to open a card and hear her cheerful voice talking to me, and to read her words of comfort and love is amazing. I share this so that perhaps someone else will be inspired to do the same,knowing how much it means to those who now have to live without her. It must have been so hard for her to know that she was going to leave us, but so loving of her to give us such a wonderful gift to hold on to and to keep her close.

What a wonderful, wonderful and thoughtful gift for you and your family.

that is the sweetest thing ive heard in a long time. you must feel blessed.
Im very sorry you lost your dear mom.

What a precious gift those greeting cards and voice messages must be to all of you. Reading about that thoughtful and loving gesture brought me to tears. Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry for your loss of such a wonderful mother.

How lucky you are to have such a priceless gift from your Mom, how insightful of her to think of doing so. My Mom passed away 10 days before yours. I would love to be able to hear her voice again. My sympathy to you and the family for your loss and treasure your gift for a lifetime!

A beautiful idea, thanks to your mom, she sounds like she was a very special person.

That is simply beautiful!

I have already written letters to each of my children. I cannot speak any longer but wished i had done that before losing my speech. Great Idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back